An icon of modern shopping in KwaZulu-Natal, La Lucia Mall celebrates 40 years of retail success this month. Originally built in 1974, La Lucia Mall has grown and evolved with its community and retail trends to remain a relevant and exciting shopping attraction, frequented by over six million shoppers each year. Now, it is set […]
Leading national retirement lifestyle brand, Evergreen Lifestyles, has recently launched the third phase of sought-after ...
An exciting mixed commercial portion of land ideal for a range of commercial, retail and ...
The final phase of the V&A Waterfront’s Silo district is on track for an early ...
With rising operating costs and the economic slowdown in South Africa likely to have an impact on commercial property developments within the next few months, it is an opportune time for developers to explore the business case for green buildings further. That is the view of Ken Reynolds, Regional Executive Gauteng, Nedbank Corporate Property Finance. […]
After a nail biting month of anticipation – the winners of the 2014 Eco-Logic Awards were announced last evening at The Cradle of Humankind, Maropeng. Celebrities, senior government officials, representatives from municipalities and the private sector, environmental NGOs and NPOs as well as finalists and Certificate of Merit recipients attended the Glamorously Green Awards Ceremony. […]
An increasing number of SA’s senior individuals and couples are opting to move into retirement homes and apartments within ‘retirement lifestyle estates’, a term that denotes far more than just accommodation. It includes a large number of lifestyle benefits as well. Says Phil Wilson, National Sales Manager of Evergreen Lifestyles, SA’s first national award-winning retirement […]
Master Builders South Africa (MBSA) has welcomed the slightly more positive outlook reflected in the latest FNB/Bureau for Economic Research Building Confidence Index – but is still extremely concerned about the “pedestrian rate of building activities throughout the country” and its effects on job creation. Tumi Dlamini, Executive Director of MBSA, says in a statement […]
In the early 2013 and following an assessment of the lifecycle performance of low cost housing projects in Bergville, Glencoe and Ladysmith built of Corobrik’s Coro Maxi 140 face bricks some 20 years ago, the Endumeni Municipality (Dundee) supported by the NHBRC endorsed the use of Coro Maxi 140 face construction for state provided subsidy […]
South Africa’s top rated Green Star buildings and top green building professionals were announced at the Green Star Leadership Awards 2014, held at the Green Building Council South Africa (GBCSA) Convention, sponsored by Nedbank, in Cape Town last week. For their stellar contributions to green building in South Africa, this year’s big winners of these […]
Gateway Theatre of Shopping is situated in Umhlanga on the KwaZulu Natal coast just north of Durban. It has been described as both the largest shopping centre in South Africa and the largest in the southern hemisphere and it was here at a motoring showroom that Sika CarboDur BC Rods were used for the first […]
Legrand’s range of Zucchini busbars, which forms part of the company’s complete power distribution system, has critical advantages over conventional cable installations. The versatility of this system means easy adaptation to layout modifications or expansion of the existing installation environment. “These high power busbars, which are designed for the safe and efficient distribution of electricity […]
An exciting opportunity in the Cape’s highly sought after suburb of Higgovale is Queensbury Mansions; a three-storey residential complex consisting of 12 sectional title apartments. This project is exclusively marketed by Jawitz Properties and handled by property consultants Darice Loeb and Lolly Unterslak of Jawitz Properties City Bowl. “The existing building has been completely transformed […]
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- Passive fire protection for airstreamers June 9, 2011
- Floris Marais July 15, 2010
- Balwin Properties now in the Western Cape August 28, 2012
- Getting the mix right November 15, 2010
- Award winning Australian architect to talk sustainability in JHB, DBN and CT January 19, 2011
- La Lucia Mall: fabulous at 40 with a fantastic future ahead September 23, 2014
- Economic challenges make the business imperative for green buildings even stronger September 22, 2014
- Winners for the 2014 Eco-Logic Awards announced. September 22, 2014
- Growing demand for Cape Town’s luxury retirement apartments September 18, 2014
- RISE IN BUILDING CONFIDENCE WELCOMED BY MASTER BUILDERS SOUTH AFRICA September 18, 2014
- Caesarstone Announces Winner of Caesarstone Stu...: […] The prestigious Caesarstone Student Desi...
- Trend Talk #1: Future Forward - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: […] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/dec...
- Renovation of Provincial Government Headquarters: […] Source: All images and information sour...
- Trend Talk #2 - The Present Sense - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: [...] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/decor-t...
- Leading Architecture profiles Musa Xinwa | EXAR Development & Construction | South Africa: [...] Leading Architecture profiled Exar Managing ...