Carlo Massoud will be at Guild As the world awakens to the economic potential of Africa, all eyes are on its sources and likely staying power. A leading supporter of design-driven economic growth, Southern Guild is putting the spotlight on the continent with GUILD, Africa’s only international design fair in Cape Town from 25 February […]
A novel website, WWW.STAND47.CO.ZA, allows visitors to take a step-by-step guided tour through a physical home ...
A new year always brings with it a new batch of paint trends. Plascon Colour ...
FORM MATTERS is a material exploration by South African architect and designer Liani Douglas. The ...
Sasol, one of the world’s leading integrated energy and chemicals companies, is building its new corporate office on Katherine Street in Sandton, Johannesburg, and Paragon are the architects that took up the challenge. The vision for the new building was to somehow link the look of the new building to Sasol’s logo. The logo, which […]
Following a strategic review of the South African market, an innovative re-branding strategy has been introduced to dispel any confusion as to the identity of the Lonza wood businesses. Doug Sayce, General Manager of Arch Wood Protection South Africa, explained that when Lonza purchased the global Arch business in 2011, the company names of the […]
Energy efficient mechanisms and interventions to better sustain the environment are not just nice to haves – they are integral to a more sustainable future and building standards and regulations are likely to be revised and fine tuned going forward to support such an end. The architectural profession is central to the solution. Speaking at […]
A major shift is about to take place in the interior decoration and design industry, with the launch of a new and extensive trade programme at Decorex SA and 100% Design South Africa next year. Cairey Baxter-Bruce, Head of New Business Development for Decorex SA says “the trade programme’s main purpose will be to […]
The Sistine Chapel in Rome has been illuminated by a novel lighting solution from OSRAM. After 500 years, this extraordinary piece of art history can now be experienced bathed in the light of more than 7,000 LEDs. The installation that has been put in place over the last few months is designed to protect the […]
Every now and then, a product or design comes along that looks set to change the way we live forever. We’ve seen “water bars” in offices; now there’s one for the home or small office kitchen that could alter how we design and use our kitchens and taps. It’s energy efficient, convenient, healthy and great-looking […]
What makes a home? In many instances it’s the things we own, the things that make us happy and the things that we’ve collected over time. If you’re prone to hoarding, the activity of homemaking can become a bit problematic, especially if you live in a small space. Madrid-based PKMN Architectures set about solving this problem […]
When it comes to pots for outdoor plants, the South African market has long since been limited to only two choices: faux-Italian terracotta style or the glazed traditional Oriental option. Design entrepreneur Peter van der Post spotted this gap and has very quickly filled it with a vast array of stylish and contemporary designer […]
The Butterfly Housing Project is a systems approach to affordable housing that provides a generic load bearing product allowing for a range of different finishes and spatial configurations. The initiative, which was the joint venture of Dutch, Nigerian and South African architects and construction professionals, recently exhibited – together with USE-IT – at the Better […]
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- Passive fire protection for airstreamers June 9, 2011
- Floris Marais July 15, 2010
- Balwin Properties now in the Western Cape August 28, 2012
- Getting the mix right November 15, 2010
- Award winning Australian architect to talk sustainability in JHB, DBN and CT January 19, 2011
- Design stars head for Guild design fair in February January 22, 2015
- Smart shopping for smart homes January 21, 2015
- Plascon talks paint 2015 January 20, 2015
- Wearable Architecture January 18, 2015
- Paragon’s vision for new Sasol HQ pushes the boundaries January 14, 2015
- Caesarstone Announces Winner of Caesarstone Stu...: […] The prestigious Caesarstone Student Desi...
- Trend Talk #1: Future Forward - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: […] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/dec...
- Renovation of Provincial Government Headquarters: […] Source: All images and information sour...
- Trend Talk #2 - The Present Sense - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: [...] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/decor-t...
- Leading Architecture profiles Musa Xinwa | EXAR Development & Construction | South Africa: [...] Leading Architecture profiled Exar Managing ...