The Free State Institute of Architects (FSIA) has announced the winners of the regional award for architecture. Members were invited to submit Free State projects, completed between 01 January 2013 and 31 December 2014. (more…)
Life Interiors and Architecture have designed a riverside lodge in Botswana that combines traditional safari ...
The mixed use Rainbow Junction megaproject is set to become the capital city’s beacon property ...
The old Reader’s Digest building in Cape Town has been reimagined to become home to ...
Atterbury Property’s development of Waterfall Corner in Waterfall City, Gauteng, has been named the winner of the Spectrum Award at the South African Council of Shopping Centre’s (SACSC) Annual Retail Design and Development Awards (RDDA). (more…)
MONSTERA DELICIOSA, VOLUME I, the first solo exhibition by Cape Town designer Porky Hefer, opened at Southern Guild Gallery on 20 November, with an old-school craft-consciousness that will appeal to a modern audience. (more…)
Balduccis is something of an institution in Cape Town: A restaurant, sushi bar and café situated in the top tourist destination in Africa, the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront. The brief to interior designers, ARRCC, was to create a new fresh look for the existing space. (more…)
“Turn trash into treasure” is the slogan used by the Ecobrick Exchange, a collaborative non-profit organisation which creates reusable building blocks by filling used plastic bottles with non-biodegradable litter. This alternative construction form creates opportunities to reduce litter, landfill and unsafe learning environments. (more…)
Building Information Modelling is transforming the design process of buildings by offering savings on construction costs as well as operational savings in terms of waste, water and energy use. Combining BIM with other developments such as advances in data analysis and cloud-based collaboration also open up exciting potential to reshape the way engineers, architects and […]
Eight pairs of designers and homeowners have been selected as finalists in the Caesarstone Kitchen of the Year competition, placing them in the running to win two R50 000 cash prizes. Kitchens from all over South Africa featuring Caesarstone surfaces, and installed in the past 18 months, were eligible to enter the Kitchen of the Year […]
Subscribe to the Leading Architecture newsletter
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- Passive fire protection for airstreamers June 9, 2011
- Floris Marais July 15, 2010
- Affordable housing development for upmarket Durban suburb May 14, 2012
- Balwin Properties now in the Western Cape August 28, 2012
- Getting the mix right November 15, 2010
- TOP FREE STATE ARCHITECTS HONOURED November 24, 2015
- ATTERBURY’S WATERFALL CORNER DEVELOPMENT WINS SPECTRUM AWARD FOR BEST SHOPPING CENTRE November 24, 2015
- PORKY HEFER’S DELICIOUS MONSTERS November 24, 2015
- BALDUCCI’S NEW LOOK BY ARRCC November 24, 2015
- ITALTILE PERFECTS MEDITERRANEAN TILES November 16, 2015
- Leading Architecture Magazine – SAPOA honours excellence in Architecture in South Africa | DSA Architects: […] View Article […]...
- Inhouse Brand Architects in the News - Lauren Shantall (Pty) Ltd: […] View article here […]...
- Leading Architecture and Design Magazine Features Inhouse Brand Architects: […] View article here […]...
- janice: Please can you confirm cost. For geyser timer...
- Green Building Conference in June - Alive2greenAlive2green: […] Source: Leading Architecture […]...