Entries into the Loeries are now open for all disciplines of brand communication where brands touch the consumer, including architectural projects, interior design (and temporary structures) as well as package and industrial design. The entry deadline date has been extended to the 31st May 2015. This is a great opportunity for designers and creatives playing in […]
South Africa’s energy crisis has everyone searching for solutions. We spoke to Evan Lockhart-Barker, General Manager Marketing ...
Ensuring that one of the nation’s leading insurers is best represented in the built environment ...
The power of a simple ‘How?’ can have a massive impact on revolution, innovation and ...
University of Johannesburg student, Harold Johnson, is Corobrik’s 28th Architectural Student of the Year. He collected his award at the prestigious annual Corobrik Architectural Student of the Year Awards ceremony that was held at The Maslow, in Sandton, Johannesburg last week. Apart from the accolade of being recognised as one of South Africa’s best up and […]
Artlogic’s popular Winter Sculpture Fair returns to the Nirox Sculpture Park near the Cradle of Humankind on the 9th and 10th of May 2015. Gautengers will be able to enjoy the largest and most ambitious sculpture exhibition in South Africa, while sampling Franschhoek’s finest food and wine. Now in its third year, the Fair will offer […]
The Concrete Manufacturers Association NPC (CMA) has announced that its Awards for Excellence competition will be run during 2015/16. PPC, the leading supplier of cement in southern Africa, is the anchor sponsor of the competition. According to Echo Group managing director, Monique Eggebeen, who chairs the CMA’s Awards committee, the essential purpose of the awards […]
Some of the leading design brands in South Africa have leant their name to this year’s 100% Design South Africa exhibition. South Africa’s only international design fair takes place from 6th to 10th of August 2015, alongside Decorex Joburg and in Hall 1 at the Gallagher Convention Centre in Midrand. The headline sponsor of this year’s 100% […]
Decorex SA’s Creative Business Exchange workshops, dedicated to helping designers build a successful creative design brand, is coming to the Mother City on 24th April 2015, alongside Decorex Cape Town. This half-day forum, aimed at individuals and small businesses in the interior design, décor, architecture, product and craft sectors, is aimed at stimulating creative thinking. […]
Buildings are getting taller and these buildings are being constructed at an increasingly rapid pace. In this interview, world-renowned supertall buildings expert and Aurecon’s Buildings Director, Middle East and North Africa Buildings, Dr Andy Davids, discusses the possibilities and opportunities involved in cutting down the construction time of tall buildings, the sustainability issues related to tall […]
The Architecture for Social Gain Awards 2015, conceptualiSed by Saint-Gobain in association with the South African Institute of Architects, to recognise and reward talent in the design of spaces that promote learning and development, was launched today. This initiative forms part of the locally planned celebratory activities to commemorate the global 350 year anniversary of […]
Ruben Reddy, owner of his nationally based practice, was yesterday inducted as the new President of the KwaZulu-Natal Institute for Architecture (KZNIA) at an inauguration ceremony in the Presidential Suite at Sahara Stadium, Kingsmead. The ceremony, sponsored by Patron of Architecture, Corobrik, was attended by a large number of architects, and civic dignitaries. Reddy paid […]
ASSA ABLOY, specialist manufacturer and supplier of a diverse range of word-class secure, safe and convenient door opening systems, has introduced a new range of superior quality door opening solutions for glass door systems. The ASSA ABLOY Group owes its global leadership standing as a door opening solutions specialist to a collection of high quality […]
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- Passive fire protection for airstreamers June 9, 2011
- Floris Marais July 15, 2010
- Balwin Properties now in the Western Cape August 28, 2012
- Getting the mix right November 15, 2010
- Award winning Australian architect to talk sustainability in JHB, DBN and CT January 19, 2011
- ENERGY CRISIS CALLS FOR A NEW WAY OF THINKING May 14, 2015
- DEADLINE FOR ARCHITECTS TO ENTER THE LOERIES EXTENDED May 11, 2015
- COROBRIK HONOURS TOP ARCHITECTURAL STUDENT OF THE YEAR April 29, 2015
- NIROX WINTER SCULPTURE FAIR April 28, 2015
- ENTRIES OPEN FOR CONCRETE MANUFACTURERS’ AWARDS April 20, 2015
- JJ: Hi, we require one or two of these boxes to build ...
- Caesarstone Announces Winner of Caesarstone Stu...: […] The prestigious Caesarstone Student Desi...
- Trend Talk #1: Future Forward - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: […] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/dec...
- Renovation of Provincial Government Headquarters: […] Source: All images and information sour...
- Trend Talk #2 - The Present Sense - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: [...] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/decor-t...