South African construction professionals and homeowners can transform and mould concrete into almost any shape or structure by making use of the innovative Buddy Rhodes System of bagged concrete and moulds, available exclusively through Concreate. Johannesburg-based Concreate is an innovative show house which was established in September 2011 to display the numerous advantages of concrete […]
The 24 members of the Southern African Vinyls Association (SAVA) have committed themselves to the responsible and sustainable use of PVC with the signing of the industry’s Product Stewardship Programme (PSP) at the Association’s Annual General Meeting held in Midrand. “Our Product Stewardship Program is a series of achievable commitments that address the industry’s environmental […]
With very few warehouse developments known to have utilised energy efficiency techniques in their development, the Packer Avenue warehouse could arguably be the highlight for warehouse developments using energy efficiency approach, particularly with the electrical proportion of the works. The brief entailed developing a new high volume packaging and distribution warehouse 330m² floor […]
Remodelling your home’s bathroom is a popular trend that can add to the resale value of your property. However, it can be a costly project. Sandy Turner from Bathroom Bizarre offers some tips and advice that will help you get the most out of your bathroom budget. What can you afford? Sandy says […]
Powerful producer and supplier clusters have established themselves in East and Southern Germany. Despite the difficult market situation, these companies bring jobs to their regions, and their innovations enliven the global photovoltaics industry. Low demand, massive oversupply of products and materials, price decline – the photovoltaics industry is experiencing hard times. In December, […]
Caesarstone, the leading producer of fine quartz surfaces, has launched its stunning new collection, Supremo. Through its innovative technology, this luxury collection lets you unleash your creativity by allowing you to create almost any effect you can dream of. The Supremo collection offers four elegant colours that range from light to dark, mirroring the diversity […]
Improving energy efficiency and reducing consumption is a growing concern in South Africa, driven not only by dramatically increased utility costs but also by a global trend towards environmental consciousness. Lighting is one area that consumes a large amount of electricity, and since compact fluorescent light bulbs have become increasingly popular because they offer improved […]
Today, Vodacom unveiled the completed Vodafone Site Solutions Innovation Centre, the first ever 6-star Green Star SA rated building in South Africa, at its head office in Midrand. The Green Building Council of South Africa rating validates the centre as the greenest building in Africa. Speaking at the official launch of the building, Vodacom […]
Corobrik’s de Hoop pavers define much of the urban hard-landscape of the Western Cape’s cities and towns being well used in the surfacing of pavements, pedestrian thoroughfares and boulevards. In designing the new UNISA building in Parow MSa michele sandilands architects elected to use them both on the floors and the walls. “They used […]
See below the Energy Training Foundation (ETF) courses for 2012. CPD accredited points are indicated and all Certified courses are internationally recognised. The ETF is the official training provider of the Southern African Association for Energy Efficiency (SAEE), a chapter of the American Association for Energy Engineers (AEE). Certified Energy Manager (CEM) – CPD: […]
Subscribe to the Leading Architecture newsletter
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- ORPHANAGE BUILT USING RECYCLED POLYSTYRENE May 25, 2016
- LIGHT STEEL FRAME SOLUTION FOR SWAZILAND CLINIC May 24, 2016
- VEDHANT MAHARAJ WINS THE 2015 COROBRIK ARCHITECTURAL AWARDS May 23, 2016
- MODERN MAKEOVER May 16, 2016
- NEW-LOOK STAINLESS STEEL AWARDS ‘IN PURSUIT OF BRILLIANCE’ May 16, 2016
- FINAL CALL FOR ENTRIES FOR THE 2015/2016 AFRISAM-SAIA AWARD FOR SUSTAINABLE ARCHITECTURE + INNOVATION March 7, 2016
- SHUTTERS ADD VALUE April 18, 2016
- SUSPENDED FIREPLACE LIVING April 18, 2016
- SMEG LEADS THE WAY IN KITCHEN APPLIANCE DESIGN April 20, 2016
- BIM MEANS CHANGE IN MANY DIMENSIONS April 20, 2016
- Leading Architecture Magazine – SAPOA honours excellence in Architecture in South Africa | DSA Architects: […] View Article […]...
- Inhouse Brand Architects in the News - Lauren Shantall (Pty) Ltd: […] View article here […]...
- Leading Architecture and Design Magazine Features Inhouse Brand Architects: […] View article here […]...
- janice: Please can you confirm cost. For geyser timer...
- Green Building Conference in June - Alive2greenAlive2green: […] Source: Leading Architecture […]...