The construction of a new Magistrates’ Court in Palm Ridge, near Alberton, has been completed by contractor Liviero. The new, five-storey building houses 33 court rooms and replaces the smaller Magistrates’ Court in Alberton North that previously served the area. The old court building will close down and employees will be relocated to the […]
About Gregg Cocking
Author Archive | Gregg Cocking
Geberit, a world leader and pioneer, is well known for water-saving, advanced plumbing and sanitary technologies. Founded over 135 years ago, Geberit’s range of products is designed for use in new buildings as well as in renovation and modernisation projects. Geberit brand name products are innovative, durable and ecologically efficient and provide high-end sanitary solutions […]
The merger between the two engineering and design consultancies, WSP Group PLC and GENIVAR Inc., was finalised today, creating a world-class professional services firm with combined revenues of £1.1 billion (C$1.8 billion) and approximately 14,500 employees, working in over 300 offices on every continent. The combination of WSP’s international spread and GENIVAR’s extensive business in […]
Legrand’s range of integrated healthcare solutions encompasses antimicrobial systems for use in sterile environments, including hospitals, clinics, retirement establishments and laboratories. These new healthcare systems – which focus on assisted living, hygiene and energy efficiency – include nurse call systems, bedhead trunking and automatic lighting. There is antimicrobial treatment on more than 40 electrical […]
South Africa will soon experience quality urban living on a scale beyond any this country has ever seen with Waterfall City, developed by Atterbury Property Group. South Africa’s most ambitious urban development is taking form at Waterfall Business Estate. Unifying northern Sandton and Midrand, Waterfall is a massive 330 hectare mixed-use development. Waterfall […]
How to green existing buildings, designing high performance green buildings, global innovation in green design, the London Olympics Park Project, and the next social trend – collaborative consumption – just some of the compelling topics to be explored at the master classes being presented by leading thought leaders as part of the build-up to Green […]
In education, time is a fundamental factor in achieving exceptional results through seamless execution and inevitably providing students with their fees worth. It occurs all too often that technology fails educators, wasting their prized time as well as that of their students. Technology is ever-cultivating and has transitioned teaching mediums from dreary chalk boards to […]
Grohe, the world’s leading premium brand for bathroom fittings, recently teamed up with Life Glynnwood Hospital in a successful partnership. Selected Grohe products are now home for patients and professionals to enjoy. Special designer solutions meet the highest hygiene requirements and yet aesthetically pleasing. In addition to upgrading newly renovated sections of the facility […]
The 164 year old Government House building in Pietermaritzburg, which began its life as a five-roomed thatched cottage in the 1840′s and has been added to over the years to become an 81-roomed structure, is today a national monument. “The life history of the building is told by the materials used to erect the original […]
Since its inception, the ongoing message from the Southern African Light Steel Frame Building Association (SASFA) has been that the light steel frame (LSF) construction method is suitable for all types of building, from residential to commercial and office buildings. The latest residential architectural masterpiece in the Xanadu Eco Park overlooking the Hartebeespoort Dam in […]
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- Passive fire protection for airstreamers June 9, 2011
- Floris Marais July 15, 2010
- Balwin Properties now in the Western Cape August 28, 2012
- Getting the mix right November 15, 2010
- Award winning Australian architect to talk sustainability in JHB, DBN and CT January 19, 2011
- Joining forces in the property market April 17, 2014
- 5 reasons not to miss Totally Concrete Expo April 16, 2014
- Top Flooring Tips from Inovar Floor April 16, 2014
- Revitalised Kuruman Mall to bring new life to CBD April 15, 2014
- Over 6,000 competition entries highlight global importance of sustainable construction April 14, 2014
- Caesarstone Announces Winner of Caesarstone Stu...: […] The prestigious Caesarstone Student Desi...
- Trend Talk #1: Future Forward - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: […] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/dec...
- Renovation of Provincial Government Headquarters: […] Source: All images and information sour...
- Trend Talk #2 - The Present Sense - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: [...] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/decor-t...
- Leading Architecture profiles Musa Xinwa | EXAR Development & Construction | South Africa: [...] Leading Architecture profiled Exar Managing ...