For decades the story of technology has been dominated by computing and the things you can do with it. Moore’s Law — in which the price of computing power falls roughly 50 percent every 18 months — has powered an ever-expanding range of applications, from faxes to Facebook. Our mastery of the material world, on […]
About Gregg Cocking
Author Archive | Gregg Cocking
After months of competition, nail-biting regional finals and intensive examination and appraisal by a panel of expert judges, South Africa’s latest group of energy efficient lighting designers were honoured with a total of R214 000 in prize money for their achievements at the awards breakfast of the 2012 Eskom Energy Efficient Lighting Design Competition held […]
“A one-size-fits-all approach to designing and developing retail developments doesn’t work in African, Indian or Middle Eastern markets. Each area has unique peculiarities and should therefore be dealt with in a unique way,” says Franc Brugman, Director at Bentel Associates International (BAI). BAI has established a significant footprint in the African, Indian and Middle Eastern […]
The second annual awards function of the Lafarge Artevia™ decorative concrete competition was held at the Lagoon Beach Hotel in Cape Town. This annual event was launched at the end of 2009 in partnership with Chryso Southern Africa and Lanxess, to showcase the excellence of construction projects using Artevia™ decorative concretes. Briefing the delegates […]
POWER-GEN Africa and the co-located Renewable Energy World Africa is underway to the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg from 6-8 November 2012. Register on-line now for fast-track access to visit the exhibition Visit the sold-out exhibition where South Africa’s and the world’s leading players in the power industry will demonstrate and discuss their products and […]
A series of Certified Energy Manager (CEM®) training programmes for the State of New York has been implemented to keep up with the demand for CEMs to support the State’s portfolio of energy efficiency programs where building owners and managers are working to reduce the overall energy consumption and improvement of operations. “Strong workforce development […]
For the new generation of its successful product, GROHE has improved all the key functions and features of a good thermostat. Boasting improved technologies for greater safety, efficiency and showering comfort, a new design for an ergonomic shape and an aesthetic water flow as well as a functional tray – Grohtherm 2000 New is a […]
Sika, known for its high performance flooring products, was called in when the Eco Exhibit’s floor was in need of a rapid repair job. Located within Cape Town’s Building Centre in Northgate Estate, the Eco Exhibit showcases environmentally and ecologically friendly products and technologies used within the building industry, supplying education on sustainable building materials […]
Brick and mortar’s reign as the preferred construction method is at an end following the release of a foam-based adhesive that replaces mortar in the construction of masonry buildings. Construction chemical giant Tremco Illbruck developed its PU700super-strong masonry adhesive to bond bricks, blocks or stone as effectively as traditional mortar mixes, but without the […]
Revelstone attended the Concrete Manufacturers Association (CMA) Awards for Excellence on Saturday 3 November 2012, at the Indaba Hotel in Johannesburg. Saturday was also commemorated as CMA’s 40th Anniversary. As members of the CMA we were enthused to take part in this auspicious ceremony. Revelstone submitted four projects in the following categories namely, Aesthetics – […]
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- Passive fire protection for airstreamers June 9, 2011
- Floris Marais July 15, 2010
- Balwin Properties now in the Western Cape August 28, 2012
- Getting the mix right November 15, 2010
- Award winning Australian architect to talk sustainability in JHB, DBN and CT January 19, 2011
- Growing demand for Cape Town’s luxury retirement apartments September 18, 2014
- RISE IN BUILDING CONFIDENCE WELCOMED BY MASTER BUILDERS SOUTH AFRICA September 18, 2014
- THE USE OF CLAY FACE MASONRY IS ON THE MARCH IN NORTHERN KZN September 17, 2014
- SA’s brightest green stars are honoured September 17, 2014
- Sika CarboDur Rods strengthen Hyandai Gateway September 16, 2014
- Caesarstone Announces Winner of Caesarstone Stu...: […] The prestigious Caesarstone Student Desi...
- Trend Talk #1: Future Forward - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: […] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/dec...
- Renovation of Provincial Government Headquarters: […] Source: All images and information sour...
- Trend Talk #2 - The Present Sense - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: [...] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/decor-t...
- Leading Architecture profiles Musa Xinwa | EXAR Development & Construction | South Africa: [...] Leading Architecture profiled Exar Managing ...