Situated in Bellville, Cape Town, the 88 886 m² Tyger Valley Shopping Centre’s refurbishment programme has been completed in after 20 months of hard work. The refurbishment includes major renovations to the interior aesthetics and general services upgrades. Overall design of the refurbishment was managed by Bentel Associates International (BAI) and involved a major contemporary […]
About Gregg Cocking
Author Archive | Gregg Cocking
X-Calibur is one of the latest product offerings from TAL and was specified to protect the concrete structure of the world’s second longest cable-stayed bridge against corrosion throughout its design life. Stonecutters Bridge is a high level cable-stayed bridge which spans the Rambler Channel in Hong Kong, connecting Nam Wam Kok, Tsing Yi Island and […]
Woolworths customers in Rustenburg, will soon have a bigger, more modern Woolworths Food at the Magalies View Centre. Woolworths – together with the Moolman Group, which developed and owns the centre – recently undertook a 600 square metre extension to the store to complement the landlord’s vision in terms of the centre’s food offering. […]
Phase one of the R170 million Lephalale Mall is on track to open its doors to shoppers at the end of next month. Located on 12 hectares in Onverwacht – Lephalale, the 15,800sqm shopping centre is anchored by a 4,200sqm Game and 4,100sqm Checkers. The mall offers a range of retail choices for shoppers: from […]
Growthpoint Properties Limited is taking another bold green step by replacing all of its light fittings in its office portfolio using the latest energy-saving technology. This pioneering R43 million project means all 134 office buildings in its portfolio, spanning over a million square metres of office space, will get new, energy efficient light fittings, designed […]
Leaders in green building design and innovation were honoured at the 2012 Green Building Council of South Africa Convention and Exhibition which took place at the CTICC from 23 – 25 October. The event, which is one of the highlights on the SA sustainability calendar and consistently delivers cutting edge and global best practice in […]
Leading property developer and investor Intaprop announced it is opening Meadowview Business Park West for development following its completion of the initial phase of the prime business estate, including the R575 million new head office for UTi Pharma. The 50-hectare estate lies adjacent to the N3 highway and R25 Modderfontein Road at the London Road […]
The Qatar National Convention Centre, which opened in 2011, features nearly 40,000 sq meters of exhibition space without pillars divisible into 7 halls. The flexibility of the building offers the capacity for a conference or gala dinner for 10,000 guests. There is a dedicated multi-purpose hall for 4,200 guests. In the convention centre, there is […]
The increasing popularity of the Lafarge Artevia competition reflects the growing influence of decorative and coloured concrete in local architectural designs, says Hannes Engelbrecht, Chryso Southern Africa’s Business Unit Manager: Concrete Aesthetics. Chryso Southern Africa, national distributors of Lanxess Bayferrox pigments – which are used in the manufacture of the Lafarge Artevia range – […]
The Green Building Council of South Africa (GBCSA) held its fifth annual Convention and Exhibition at the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) last week from Tuesday, October 23 to Thursday, October 25. Providing access to the latest local and international opinions, interventions and decisions around sustainability and the Built environment, reputable organisations such as […]
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- Passive fire protection for airstreamers June 9, 2011
- Floris Marais July 15, 2010
- Balwin Properties now in the Western Cape August 28, 2012
- Getting the mix right November 15, 2010
- Award winning Australian architect to talk sustainability in JHB, DBN and CT January 19, 2011
- New phase of Evergreen Broadacres launched September 2, 2014
- HOW TO WATERPROOF ROOFS BEFORE THE SUMMER RAINS SET IN September 2, 2014
- New phase released for commercial and retail development in Umhlanga August 29, 2014
- Another top industry accolade for Cradlestone Mall August 27, 2014
- MURRAY & ROBERTS BUILDINGS PROGRESSES WITH CONSTRUCTION OF DAINFERN SQUARE August 27, 2014
- Caesarstone Announces Winner of Caesarstone Stu...: […] The prestigious Caesarstone Student Desi...
- Trend Talk #1: Future Forward - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: […] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/dec...
- Renovation of Provincial Government Headquarters: […] Source: All images and information sour...
- Trend Talk #2 - The Present Sense - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: [...] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/decor-t...
- Leading Architecture profiles Musa Xinwa | EXAR Development & Construction | South Africa: [...] Leading Architecture profiled Exar Managing ...