Nashua Mobile and Food & Trees for Africa (FTFA) are building on their existing greening partnership by collaborating to improve the lives of residents in the Lawley area, south of Johannesburg. The two organisations will be working together to plant 1 500 trees for the community between 14-16 May, with a further 60 trees […]
About Gregg Cocking
Author Archive | Gregg Cocking
Tile Africa Contracts recently supplied and fitted Cape Town Fish Market restaurants in Menlyn and Cresta shopping centres. “Our supply and fit department has an intimate understanding of customers’ needs and requirements and we make our team available nationally and relocate them where necessary to assist clients with timely project completion,” says Craig Irvine, national […]
Construction will soon start on the first affordable housing development in upmarket Umhlanga near Durban. The Mews, comprised of 477 sectional title units, will also be the first development in the province of KwaZulu-Natal financed by International Housing Solutions, the global private equity funder of affordable housing, which has to date financed projects with a […]
Despite a revised design and construction programme; storm damage on the roof structure earlier this year – the Middelburg Mall is set to open its doors to the public on 19 April, 19 months after the ground breaking ceremony in October 2010. The 43 000 m2 regional shopping mall is set to become one of […]
Man caves, hanging gardens, nests for beds, hectic-eclectic interiors and a ‘trek’ of farm to city – home enthusiasts and design-minded trade professionals, fifteen per cent more than last year, flocked to Decorex Cape Town, held at the CTICC from 26 to 29 April, for their annual décor fix and to spot the next best […]
The Fundamentals for Energy Training (FEMT) course developed by the Energy Training Foundation (EnTF) was launched in Port Elizabeth recently. FEMT is an invaluable stepping stone to successful AEE Certification training as it offers the building blocks for persons who want to enter the energy field with no technical background, or those who need a […]
See below the scheduled courses for 2012 presented by the Energy Training Foundation (EnTF), a division of Energy Cybernetics, affiliated trainer of the SAEE, and approved trainer of the US-based Association for Energy Engineers (AEE), for events and calendar pages: Johannesburg 21-25 May: Certified Energy Manager (CEM®) 21-24 May: Certified Energy Auditor (CEA™) 23-25 […]
In line with its strategic vision and positioning as a company committed to sustainable innovation, AfriSam has revised its entire product portfolio. Commenting on the new product portfolio, AfriSam’s commercial executive, Grant Neser, says, “The revised product line-up has been developed to deliver the most effective, fit-for-purpose solutions to particular applications. This is the […]
Green Point Athletics stadium, formerly known as Green Point Common is in the process of getting a face-lift, forming an integral part of the new Green Point Urban Parks initiative to upgrade facilities in Green Point, Cape Town. WSP was commissioned to design the stadium’s PA system, fire detection, CCTV, 10 lane track timing system […]
A benchmark of growth in free-market-driven economies, property development will be honoured by SAPOA’s (South African Property Owners Association) Awards for Innovative Excellence in Property Development, sponsored by Nedbank Corporate Property Finance. “Our skyline is a legacy. Through these awards we seek to honour those who contribute to our future, our cities and our […]
In This Issue
- Hyundai Offices by HLA Architects
- Hansgrohe offices and showrooms by Paragon Architects
- Bakery for the Emtongeni Community Centre by Architecture for a Change
- Sony and Jacaranda FM offices by Empowered Spaces Architects
- Nico van der Meulen Architects
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- Passive fire protection for airstreamers June 9, 2011
- Floris Marais July 15, 2010
- Balwin Properties now in the Western Cape August 28, 2012
- Getting the mix right November 15, 2010
- Award winning Australian architect to talk sustainability in JHB, DBN and CT January 19, 2011
- Being African will be fundamental to the growth of S.A’s Steel Construction Industry December 5, 2013
- 3rd Global Conference On Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Security and Climate Change December 5, 2013
- SA and UK Governments urge SA private sector to take up energy efficiency initiatives December 5, 2013
- SOUTH AFRICAN AJUGA IGNITES HOPE WITH WORLD DESIGN CAPITAL 2014 RECOGNITION December 5, 2013
- MORE EXCHANGE RATE CHALLENGES FOR PAINT SECTOR IN 2014 December 3, 2013
- Caesarstone Announces Winner of Caesarstone Stu...: […] The prestigious Caesarstone Student Desi...
- Trend Talk #1: Future Forward - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: […] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/dec...
- Renovation of Provincial Government Headquarters: […] Source: All images and information sour...
- Trend Talk #2 - The Present Sense - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: [...] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/decor-t...
- Leading Architecture profiles Musa Xinwa | EXAR Development & Construction | South Africa: [...] Leading Architecture profiled Exar Managing ...