“A one-size-fits-all approach to designing and developing retail developments doesn’t work in African, Indian or Middle Eastern markets. Each area has unique peculiarities and should therefore be dealt with in a unique way,” says Franc Brugman, Director at Bentel Associates International (BAI). BAI has established a significant footprint in the African, Indian and Middle Eastern […]
Archive | Features RSS feed for this section
My Subs is the easiest way to subscribe to Leading Architecture & Design Magazine. Get free delivery on print subscriptions now! Subscribe online at www.mysubs.co.za for your bimonthly digital version of the magazine. MySubs is an easy, reliable, hassle-free online subscription service for magazines and newspapers, making Leading Architecture & Design available online for […]
Recently, OSRAM has interviewed Klaus-Gunter Vennemann, CEO of the Business Unit General Lighting, regarding the trends in the lighting industry, the possibilities of LED and OLED and the highlight products of OSRAM at the Light & Building. Light+Building is the world’s biggest trade fair for lighting and building-services technology and presents solutions that cut the […]
Private offices typically house the highest paid workers within an organization, and they usually allot more square meterage per person than open plan. While many private offices have remained essentially unchanged for decades, the rest of the workplace has changed dramatically — cross-functional teams, multitasking, creative thinking, group processes – the grown-up equivalents of “plays […]
Tapping into trends It is a well-known fact that it is the smaller details that truly finish a home, and this is especially true in the bathroom. Says Jasmin Kraneveldt from Bathroom Bizarre: “The choice of bathroom faucets can really make or break a bathroom composition, and hence there are a number of concerns that […]
“The Future African City” is the theme of the fifth annual Cement & Concrete Institute (C&CI) Architectural Sustainable Design Competition. Daniel van der Merwe, architect at C&CI, says the purpose of the competition is to promote the innovative use of concrete in providing sustainable environments. “C&CI wants to stimulate fresh thinking that produces […]
In 2006, in commemoration of the 30th anniversary of the June 16 Student uprising in Soweto, the route from Morris Isaacson High School to the Hector Pieterson Memorial was paved with red pavers. This was the first stage of a broader project to pave all the routes learners took on 16 June 1976 on their […]
Negative perceptions about the durability and performance of extended cements, combined with tradition and a conservative approach to new technology have caused resistance to their use, a situation which is gradually changing, according to experts from AfriSam. “Extended cements are being used increasingly in major projects such as Gautrain, the SANRAL Gauteng Freeway Improvement […]
Tile Africa Contracts supplied tiles and bathroom ware for the extension to the Birchwood Hotel & OR Tambo Conference Centre in Boksburg, Gauteng. “We are proud to be associated with this development and to have supplied tiles for the interior and exterior as well as accessories for the bathrooms,” says Craig Irvine, national contracts […]
Traviata Flooring Systems, established distributors of laminate flooring, have recently partnered with two global manufacturers to bring exciting new ranges to South Africa. Traviloc, a luxury vinyl wood-plank, Is the cutting edge of solid vinyl technology. Using a patented click all round system it forms a truly floating resilient floor that has great aesthetics, is […]
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- Passive fire protection for airstreamers June 9, 2011
- Floris Marais July 15, 2010
- Balwin Properties now in the Western Cape August 28, 2012
- Getting the mix right November 15, 2010
- Award winning Australian architect to talk sustainability in JHB, DBN and CT January 19, 2011
- ENERGY CRISIS CALLS FOR A NEW WAY OF THINKING May 14, 2015
- DEADLINE FOR ARCHITECTS TO ENTER THE LOERIES EXTENDED May 11, 2015
- COROBRIK HONOURS TOP ARCHITECTURAL STUDENT OF THE YEAR April 29, 2015
- NIROX WINTER SCULPTURE FAIR April 28, 2015
- ENTRIES OPEN FOR CONCRETE MANUFACTURERS’ AWARDS April 20, 2015
- JJ: Hi, we require one or two of these boxes to build ...
- Caesarstone Announces Winner of Caesarstone Stu...: […] The prestigious Caesarstone Student Desi...
- Trend Talk #1: Future Forward - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: […] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/dec...
- Renovation of Provincial Government Headquarters: […] Source: All images and information sour...
- Trend Talk #2 - The Present Sense - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: [...] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/decor-t...