Kitchen design has never been more dynamic than it is right now and the latest movement is towards the introduction of multiple kitchens and kitchen spaces in new home designs. This is according to Lisa Aspeling, Communications Manager for Caesarstone, manufacturer of luxury, engineered quartz surfaces. As kitchens continue to merge with the living areas […]
Features RSS feed for this section
Seven press, 16 architects, interior designs and property developers, and five staff from Duravit and Hansgrohe jetted out to Frankfurt on a warm Monday evening. After an early pick-up at the airport, we were driven south for two and a half hours to our base, Schöne Aussicht, Hornberg in the snowy Black Forest. After freshening […]
Tips for bathroom renovations provided by Geberit Southern African Many of us have “war-stories” about renovating bathrooms whether from experience or from other’s experience – and hindsight is 20-20. Geberit would like to offer some suggestions before renovating which aims to take some of the guess-work out of bathroom refurbishments. Find a reputable plumber who […]
Although the construction industry has largely remained static for the past two years, growth in office, retail and other non residential construction has been negative, the residential housing market is expected to increase by just two percent during 2012. Corobrik remains resilient and is looking to the launch of new products and growth in the […]
“A one-size-fits-all approach to designing and developing retail developments doesn’t work in African, Indian or Middle Eastern markets. Each area has unique peculiarities and should therefore be dealt with in a unique way,” says Franc Brugman, Director at Bentel Associates International (BAI). BAI has established a significant footprint in the African, Indian and Middle Eastern […]
My Subs is the easiest way to subscribe to Leading Architecture & Design Magazine. Get free delivery on print subscriptions now! Subscribe online at www.mysubs.co.za for your bimonthly digital version of the magazine. MySubs is an easy, reliable, hassle-free online subscription service for magazines and newspapers, making Leading Architecture & Design available online for […]
Recently, OSRAM has interviewed Klaus-Gunter Vennemann, CEO of the Business Unit General Lighting, regarding the trends in the lighting industry, the possibilities of LED and OLED and the highlight products of OSRAM at the Light & Building. Light+Building is the world’s biggest trade fair for lighting and building-services technology and presents solutions that cut the […]
Private offices typically house the highest paid workers within an organization, and they usually allot more square meterage per person than open plan. While many private offices have remained essentially unchanged for decades, the rest of the workplace has changed dramatically — cross-functional teams, multitasking, creative thinking, group processes – the grown-up equivalents of “plays […]
Tapping into trends It is a well-known fact that it is the smaller details that truly finish a home, and this is especially true in the bathroom. Says Jasmin Kraneveldt from Bathroom Bizarre: “The choice of bathroom faucets can really make or break a bathroom composition, and hence there are a number of concerns that […]
“The Future African City” is the theme of the fifth annual Cement & Concrete Institute (C&CI) Architectural Sustainable Design Competition. Daniel van der Merwe, architect at C&CI, says the purpose of the competition is to promote the innovative use of concrete in providing sustainable environments. “C&CI wants to stimulate fresh thinking that produces […]
Subscribe to the Leading Architecture newsletter
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- Willowlamp shines in Dubai July 25, 2016
- SOUTH AFRICAN ARCHITECTURE SET FOR SIGNIFICANT CHANGES July 25, 2016
- PPC IMAGINARIUM AWARDS CALL FOR ENTRIES July 25, 2016
- DURBAN LEADS THE CHARGE TOWARDS A NATIONAL SPATIAL REVOLUTION July 25, 2016
- NEW 3D VISUALISER FOR BRICK FINISHES July 25, 2016
- Willowlamp shines in Dubai July 25, 2016
- TOP MINDS ON CLIMATE CHANGE TO HEADLINE GREEN BUILDING CONVENTION 2016 May 9, 2016
- COOL CAPITAL TO REPRESENT SOUTH AFRICA AT THE 15TH ARCHITECTURE EXHIBITION AT LA BIENNALE DI VENEZIA May 9, 2016
- NEW-LOOK STAINLESS STEEL AWARDS ‘IN PURSUIT OF BRILLIANCE’ May 16, 2016
- MODERN MAKEOVER May 16, 2016
- Leading Architecture Magazine – SAPOA honours excellence in Architecture in South Africa | DSA Architects: […] View Article […]...
- Inhouse Brand Architects in the News - Lauren Shantall (Pty) Ltd: […] View article here […]...
- Leading Architecture and Design Magazine Features Inhouse Brand Architects: […] View article here […]...
- janice: Please can you confirm cost. For geyser timer...
- Green Building Conference in June - Alive2greenAlive2green: […] Source: Leading Architecture […]...