“A one-size-fits-all approach to designing and developing retail developments doesn’t work in African, Indian or Middle Eastern markets. Each area has unique peculiarities and should therefore be dealt with in a unique way,” says Franc Brugman, Director at Bentel Associates International (BAI). BAI has established a significant footprint in the African, Indian and Middle Eastern […]
Features RSS feed for this section
My Subs is the easiest way to subscribe to Leading Architecture & Design Magazine. Get free delivery on print subscriptions now! Subscribe online at www.mysubs.co.za for your bimonthly digital version of the magazine. MySubs is an easy, reliable, hassle-free online subscription service for magazines and newspapers, making Leading Architecture & Design available online for […]
Recently, OSRAM has interviewed Klaus-Gunter Vennemann, CEO of the Business Unit General Lighting, regarding the trends in the lighting industry, the possibilities of LED and OLED and the highlight products of OSRAM at the Light & Building. Light+Building is the world’s biggest trade fair for lighting and building-services technology and presents solutions that cut the […]
Private offices typically house the highest paid workers within an organization, and they usually allot more square meterage per person than open plan. While many private offices have remained essentially unchanged for decades, the rest of the workplace has changed dramatically — cross-functional teams, multitasking, creative thinking, group processes – the grown-up equivalents of “plays […]
Tapping into trends It is a well-known fact that it is the smaller details that truly finish a home, and this is especially true in the bathroom. Says Jasmin Kraneveldt from Bathroom Bizarre: “The choice of bathroom faucets can really make or break a bathroom composition, and hence there are a number of concerns that […]
“The Future African City” is the theme of the fifth annual Cement & Concrete Institute (C&CI) Architectural Sustainable Design Competition. Daniel van der Merwe, architect at C&CI, says the purpose of the competition is to promote the innovative use of concrete in providing sustainable environments. “C&CI wants to stimulate fresh thinking that produces […]
In 2006, in commemoration of the 30th anniversary of the June 16 Student uprising in Soweto, the route from Morris Isaacson High School to the Hector Pieterson Memorial was paved with red pavers. This was the first stage of a broader project to pave all the routes learners took on 16 June 1976 on their […]
Negative perceptions about the durability and performance of extended cements, combined with tradition and a conservative approach to new technology have caused resistance to their use, a situation which is gradually changing, according to experts from AfriSam. “Extended cements are being used increasingly in major projects such as Gautrain, the SANRAL Gauteng Freeway Improvement […]
Tile Africa Contracts supplied tiles and bathroom ware for the extension to the Birchwood Hotel & OR Tambo Conference Centre in Boksburg, Gauteng. “We are proud to be associated with this development and to have supplied tiles for the interior and exterior as well as accessories for the bathrooms,” says Craig Irvine, national contracts […]
Traviata Flooring Systems, established distributors of laminate flooring, have recently partnered with two global manufacturers to bring exciting new ranges to South Africa. Traviloc, a luxury vinyl wood-plank, Is the cutting edge of solid vinyl technology. Using a patented click all round system it forms a truly floating resilient floor that has great aesthetics, is […]
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- Passive fire protection for airstreamers June 9, 2011
- Floris Marais July 15, 2010
- Affordable housing development for upmarket Durban suburb May 14, 2012
- Balwin Properties now in the Western Cape August 28, 2012
- Getting the mix right November 15, 2010
- BLOEMFONTEIN’S HISTORIC POOL TO BE RESTORED September 28, 2015
- HANSGROHE PROVIDES SUBTLE FINISHES FOR SANDTON SKYE APARTMENTS September 23, 2015
- AZA SET TO LOOK AT FUTURE CITIES September 23, 2015
- THE WAUW FACTOR September 16, 2015
- ORIGAMI FLOWER WALL WOWS AT MENLYN PARK September 7, 2015
- Leading Architecture Magazine – SAPOA honours excellence in Architecture in South Africa | DSA Architects: […] View Article […]...
- Inhouse Brand Architects in the News - Lauren Shantall (Pty) Ltd: […] View article here […]...
- Leading Architecture and Design Magazine Features Inhouse Brand Architects: […] View article here […]...
- janice: Please can you confirm cost. For geyser timer...
- Green Building Conference in June - Alive2greenAlive2green: […] Source: Leading Architecture […]...