Tapping into trends It is a well-known fact that it is the smaller details that truly finish a home, and this is especially true in the bathroom. Says Jasmin Kraneveldt from Bathroom Bizarre: “The choice of bathroom faucets can really make or break a bathroom composition, and hence there are a number of concerns that […]
Archive | Features RSS feed for this section
“The Future African City” is the theme of the fifth annual Cement & Concrete Institute (C&CI) Architectural Sustainable Design Competition. Daniel van der Merwe, architect at C&CI, says the purpose of the competition is to promote the innovative use of concrete in providing sustainable environments. “C&CI wants to stimulate fresh thinking that produces […]
In 2006, in commemoration of the 30th anniversary of the June 16 Student uprising in Soweto, the route from Morris Isaacson High School to the Hector Pieterson Memorial was paved with red pavers. This was the first stage of a broader project to pave all the routes learners took on 16 June 1976 on their […]
Negative perceptions about the durability and performance of extended cements, combined with tradition and a conservative approach to new technology have caused resistance to their use, a situation which is gradually changing, according to experts from AfriSam. “Extended cements are being used increasingly in major projects such as Gautrain, the SANRAL Gauteng Freeway Improvement […]
Tile Africa Contracts supplied tiles and bathroom ware for the extension to the Birchwood Hotel & OR Tambo Conference Centre in Boksburg, Gauteng. “We are proud to be associated with this development and to have supplied tiles for the interior and exterior as well as accessories for the bathrooms,” says Craig Irvine, national contracts […]
Traviata Flooring Systems, established distributors of laminate flooring, have recently partnered with two global manufacturers to bring exciting new ranges to South Africa. Traviloc, a luxury vinyl wood-plank, Is the cutting edge of solid vinyl technology. Using a patented click all round system it forms a truly floating resilient floor that has great aesthetics, is […]
This year’s most prestigious interior design and decorating awards are underway! The Fabric Library brings The South African Interior Designer of the Year Award to you in association with House and Leisure and The South African Institute of the Interior Design Professions (IID). The aim of this prestigious awards programme is to recognise and reward […]
With the appointment of an ombudsman, Colin Bain, one of the country’s fastest growing ‘green’ industries has taken a huge step forward in ensuring it delivers on consumer expectations while meeting stringent quality standards. Bain, who represents the Sustainable Energy Society of Southern Africa’s Solar Water Heating division offices (SESSA SWH), is responsibility for investigating […]
The Concrete Manufacturers Association (CMA) maintains that concrete roof tiles are fast becoming the preferred roofing material for affordable/low-cost housing sectors. A striking example can be seen here at the Kleinmond Housing Project near Hermanus, where some 370 000 double roman plus standard were supplied for the project. Supplied by a CMA producer member, Marley […]
4th Annual Green Building Council of SA Convention & Exhibition Date: 26 to 28 October 2011 Venue: CTICC, Cape Town, South Africa The official Green Building Council of South Africa (GBCSA) Convention is South Africa’s leading green building conference, providing a platform for knowledge sharing, world-class education concerning sustainability and the built environment. […]
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- Passive fire protection for airstreamers June 9, 2011
- Floris Marais July 15, 2010
- Balwin Properties now in the Western Cape August 28, 2012
- Getting the mix right November 15, 2010
- Award winning Australian architect to talk sustainability in JHB, DBN and CT January 19, 2011
- The All I Own House November 20, 2014
- Planting the Seed November 17, 2014
- Butterfly wings for low cost housing November 16, 2014
- Newtown Junction – The CBD’s new retail and leisure centre October 24, 2014
- SA Embassy in Washington DC has a striking new feature October 23, 2014
- Caesarstone Announces Winner of Caesarstone Stu...: […] The prestigious Caesarstone Student Desi...
- Trend Talk #1: Future Forward - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: […] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/dec...
- Renovation of Provincial Government Headquarters: […] Source: All images and information sour...
- Trend Talk #2 - The Present Sense - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: [...] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/decor-t...
- Leading Architecture profiles Musa Xinwa | EXAR Development & Construction | South Africa: [...] Leading Architecture profiled Exar Managing ...