July 3, 2013, Port Shepstone – Best described as a ‘tropical paradise’, Cova de Tubarao Lodge, situated on Macaneta Island off Mozambique, has been announced by Lonza Wood Protection as the 2nd winner in their ‘Keep The Tanapole Flying High™’ Ambassador Programme. Designed and constructed three years ago by the owner, Roelie and Louise Jacobs, […]
An innovative workers’ accommodation project built with the light steel frame method on St Helena Island and the new Standard Bank office building in Rosebank, Johannesburg, are among the exciting entries in this year’s Steel Awards. This is according to Spencer Erling, Southern African Institute of Steel Construction (SAISC) education director. “The quality of this […]
Graeme Page heads up Graeme Page Consulting Engineers (GPCE), a newly formed firm of specialist heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) consulting design engineers, servicing the built environment. Graeme Page has 35 years’ experience in the industry having worked with top developers on prestigious projects globally. The last position he held, was Chief Operating Officer at […]
For the first time in several years, commercial property developers are bringing speculative office developments to market. Fran Teagle of Broll says that this bullish sentiment is unique to Sandton Central which, as the financial hub of Africa, has a deep-rooted appeal as a prime business address. “New speculative property developments coming to market include […]
As South Africa strives to transform into a low-carbon economy, it is essential to move towards sustainable green technologies and products. However, in light of the increased availability of these green products and technologies in SA, the emphasis is rapidly shifting to focus on how one differentiates one offering from another? How do you sift […]
The Tshelimnyama Pedestrian Bridge near the Mariannhill Toll Plaza on the N3 outside Durban has won the South African Institution of Civil Engineering (SAICE) Award for Technical Excellence at the recent annual branch awards function. The Tshelimnyama Township, located on the southern side of the N3 is home to many low-income families. The majority of […]
June proved a bumper month for green building certifications with a total of six new buildings receiving a Green Star SA rating from the Green Building Council South Africa. This upsurge further substantiates that the green building movement is rapidly gaining ground in South Africa as developers and progressive businesses increasingly embrace sustainable building practices. […]
South African operations strongly mirror the sustainability focus of parent AkzoNobel, who were recently crowned as the supersector leader of the chemical sector in the highly regarded Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) Based on five central pillars, sustainability has become a core business focus throughout the operations and activities of coatings specialist Dulux South Africa, […]
The advent of the light steel frame building (LSFB) method has been one of the most exciting developments in the international building industry in recent decades. Used increasingly across the USA, Australia and New Zealand, it was introduced to South Africa only relatively recently. The local mainstream building market has been cautious in accepting LSFB, […]
The Holcim Awards is one of the most significant competitions in its field in terms of reputation and international scope. The fourth cycle of the competition offering a total of USD 2 million in prize money is now open for entries. The competition seeks leading projects from industry professionals and bold ideas from the “Next […]
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- Passive fire protection for airstreamers June 9, 2011
- Floris Marais July 15, 2010
- Balwin Properties now in the Western Cape August 28, 2012
- Getting the mix right November 15, 2010
- Award winning Australian architect to talk sustainability in JHB, DBN and CT January 19, 2011
- GREEN CONCRETE AN INDUSTRY FIRST May 28, 2015
- SECURING GLASS DOORS SAFETY May 28, 2015
- THEATRE OF DREAMS May 28, 2015
- HEATING IN STYLE May 28, 2015
- ENERGY CRISIS CALLS FOR A NEW WAY OF THINKING May 14, 2015
- JJ: Hi, we require one or two of these boxes to build ...
- Caesarstone Announces Winner of Caesarstone Stu...: […] The prestigious Caesarstone Student Desi...
- Trend Talk #1: Future Forward - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: […] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/dec...
- Renovation of Provincial Government Headquarters: […] Source: All images and information sour...
- Trend Talk #2 - The Present Sense - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: [...] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/decor-t...