The signing of a landmark agreement between the Clay Brick Association of South Africa (ClayBrick.org) and the University of Pretoria’s Department of Architecture is to set in motion the first and largest research project of its kind ever to be undertaken in South Africa. This groundbreaking study entitled a ‘Life Cycle Assessment for Clay […]
Breakout Management are pleased to announce the debut of PARKLIFE, a new and exciting annual acoustic music festival taking place for the first time on Thursday 21 March 2013 at Marks Park, Johannesburg and Friday 22 March at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens in Cape Town! The inaugural Parklife event will see international festival favourite, acoustic […]
Seven press, 16 architects, interior designs and property developers, and five staff from Duravit and Hansgrohe jetted out to Frankfurt on a warm Monday evening. After an early pick-up at the airport, we were driven south for two and a half hours to our base, Schöne Aussicht, Hornberg in the snowy Black Forest. After freshening […]
The TotallyConcrete Expo 2013, taking place at the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg from 3 to 5 June 2013, is a Pan-African initiative supported by over 50 participating associations and media partners from across the continent. It has been designed to address the challenges that come with industry growth and assist its participants to weather […]
After 75 years of serving the construction industry in South Africa, the Cement & Concrete Institute will be closing down. This decision was reluctantly taken by the C&CI Board following the resignation of the Institute’s main funding members. The process required to give effect to this decision will commence with immediate effect (27 Feb 2013) […]
Established in 1953 by Laurie Wale, a pioneer in South Africa’s building industry, The Building Centre is a permanent exhibition space , giving members of the building trade (architects, builders and renovators), as well as homeowners, an opportunity to view available building products before making purchases. At the outset, Laurie Wale founded the Architect […]
Fluor Corporation is one of the world’s leading publicly traded engineering and procurement companies and has been equipped with GROHE Tectron Skate. This has allowed the Fluor to maintain high standards of functionality and hygiene in their bathrooms to show commitment to their visitors’ and guests’ wellbeing. The GROHE Tectron Skate comes with touchless infrared […]
Public buildings call for durable, robust and vandal-resistant fittings, which is why Cobra’s hard-wearing Star range and its unique tamper-proof flush valves were the obvious choices for Cape Town’s two new integrated rapid transport (IRT) system bus depots. The depots form part of the Western Cape’s R309 million IRT Cape Town lines project, and […]
Imagine finding, creating and: furnishing your dream home – all in one day. The eLan Property Group, an exuberant and confident company that constantly reinvent themselves and never fails to impress and excite has created The Décor and Property Warehouse in Ballito. This is where you will find everything you need under one roof. […]
The growing emphasis on environmental protection and sustainability issues in the paint and coatings industry has inspired “Creating a Green Future” as theme of the Coatings for Africa (CfA) 2013 to be held at Gallagher Estate from May 21 to 23 this year. Jointly presented by the SA Paint Manufacturing Association (SAPMA) and the […]
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- Passive fire protection for airstreamers June 9, 2011
- Floris Marais July 15, 2010
- Balwin Properties now in the Western Cape August 28, 2012
- Getting the mix right November 15, 2010
- Award winning Australian architect to talk sustainability in JHB, DBN and CT January 19, 2011
- POLYFLOR AND ACTUM ELECTRONICS JOIN FORCES FOR ESD FLOORING INSTALLATION AT NEW CELL C HEAD OFFICE August 20, 2014
- Statement by the Master Builders Association of the Western Cape August 18, 2014
- Trend hawks bring global predictions to SA retail congress August 15, 2014
- Morningside Shopping Centre gives shoppers more of what they want August 15, 2014
- PORTSIDE – A BUILDING FOR THE PEOPLE OF CAPE TOWN August 15, 2014
- Caesarstone Announces Winner of Caesarstone Stu...: […] The prestigious Caesarstone Student Desi...
- Trend Talk #1: Future Forward - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: […] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/dec...
- Renovation of Provincial Government Headquarters: […] Source: All images and information sour...
- Trend Talk #2 - The Present Sense - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: [...] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/decor-t...
- Leading Architecture profiles Musa Xinwa | EXAR Development & Construction | South Africa: [...] Leading Architecture profiled Exar Managing ...