Legrand, specialists in electrical products and systems, has extended its range of time switches, with the launch recently of a new generation of digital time switches for industrial, commercial and domestic environments. “This new generation of digital time switches is designed for precise automation in various applications, including heating and cooling control,” says Luk […]
When it comes to construction and development, hospitals and schools are in a category of their own: they house the most vulnerable members of society, at particularly important times of life. This special function is best served with innovative materials which take the building’s use into consideration. Saint-Gobain recently launched a safe, insulated building material, […]
Five South African décor and design businesses have created a one-stop shop solution for decorators at the newly established Number 3 Kramer Road in the heart of Kramerville, Johannesburg. The building houses top décor and home furnishing merchants such as Lula Fabrics, The Mill contract fabric suppliers, Sasi Wallpaper, Rebtex carpeting and Heavenly […]
The Cement & Concrete Institute’s 2012 International Masterclass lectures for architects will be held in Cape Town on September 17 and 18. C&CI architect, Daniel van der Merwe, says the Masterclass – the fourth to be presented by the Institute – forms part of an ongoing C&CI initiative in continued architectural education in South […]
15 August 2012 saw the official opening of the Afrika Tikkun Uthando Centre in Braamfontein, Johannesburg, in a heritage building which has been given a new lease on life. Afrika Tikkun, a humanitarian non-governmental organisation which focuses on providing education, health and social services to children, the youth and their families through a number […]
Energy efficiency has become a focus area for businesses as the cost of electricity has continued to escalate in recent years. However, when embarking upon carbon footprint reduction initiatives and when looking to reduce resource usage to decrease costs, many organisations fail to take one all-important area into account: water. Inefficient use of water, wastage […]
Five international architects renowned for their cutting edge thinking, including David Adjaye (UK), Atelier Bow-Wow founders Yoshiharu Tsukamoto and Momoyo Kajima (Japan) and Joe Osae-Addo (Ghana) will join a host of innovative South African architects as speakers at the Architecture ZA 2012 Biennial Festival, to be held at Cape Town City Hall, from Thursday, 13 […]
The theme of this year’s Women’s Month is ‘Working together to enhance women’s opportunities to economic empowerment’. While there has been enormous transformation across a number of industries in terms of female employment and empowerment, the construction industry is still largely male-dominated. Rob Johnson, Executive Director of the Master Builders Association of the Western Cape […]
TAL, a manufacturer and supplier of tiling installation products, has recently ventured further into Africa in an effort to provide tiling solutions and contribute to infrastructure development in Sub-Saharan Africa. The African continent is booming both in commercial and residential development. Key issues that remain critical are the availability of product, including tiles and adhesives. […]
AHEC invites architects and designers in South Africa to nominate projects for ‘Commercial Interior Design Awards 2012’
With just over a month left until the ‘Commercial Interior Design Awards 2012’, the American Hardwood Export Council (AHEC), the leading international trade association for the American hardwood industry, is inviting architects and designers in South Africa to nominate their projects for the prestigious awards. For the second year in a row, AHEC is sponsoring […]
In This Issue
- Hyundai Offices by HLA Architects
- Hansgrohe offices and showrooms by Paragon Architects
- Bakery for the Emtongeni Community Centre by Architecture for a Change
- Sony and Jacaranda FM offices by Empowered Spaces Architects
- Nico van der Meulen Architects
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- Passive fire protection for airstreamers June 9, 2011
- Floris Marais July 15, 2010
- Balwin Properties now in the Western Cape August 28, 2012
- Getting the mix right November 15, 2010
- Award winning Australian architect to talk sustainability in JHB, DBN and CT January 19, 2011
- Summit to focus on transforming healthcare in SA January 30, 2014
- Once Upon a Time: CNC Manufacturing Brings a Dream House to Reality Using SAi EnRoute Software January 30, 2014
- Africa’s most iconic building exhibition has undergone a complete renovation January 27, 2014
- GUILD 2014, THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL DESIGN FAIR IN AFRICA January 27, 2014
- Urban informality as a generator for meaningful built form wins Mongezi Ncube a place in the Corobrik Architectural Student of the year Awards. January 27, 2014
- Caesarstone Announces Winner of Caesarstone Stu...: […] The prestigious Caesarstone Student Desi...
- Trend Talk #1: Future Forward - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: […] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/dec...
- Renovation of Provincial Government Headquarters: […] Source: All images and information sour...
- Trend Talk #2 - The Present Sense - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: [...] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/decor-t...
- Leading Architecture profiles Musa Xinwa | EXAR Development & Construction | South Africa: [...] Leading Architecture profiled Exar Managing ...