Decorex Joburg, Africa’s finest décor, design and lifestyle exhibition celebrates 20 years of stylish living at what promises to be a blissful, feel-good show in 2013. This year’s exhibition kicks off on 7th August and promises five days of unforgettable inspiration to improve and innovate on the home front. The theme of Decorex Joburg […]
Three of South Africa’s leading cement producers have stepped in to fund the establishment of a new company to preserve the vital education, and consulting services previously provided by the Cement & Concrete Institute (C&CI). AfriSam, Lafarge and Sephaku are now financing the operations of The Concrete Institute which, from May 2 this year, […]
Vivaldi Manor, an upmarket development project in Potchefstroom, has successfully used elements of face brick for not only aesthetic reasons, but also for the sustainable values inherent in the building material. The developer, Louis Bierman of Louis Bierman Property Developers says that there are a total 16 houses in the sought-after estate, with the last […]
Returned concrete is a reality and a liability in the readymix concrete industry. Traditional methods of handling this problem have significant operating and capital costs and are increasingly in conflict with municipal environmental regulations. A completely new approach to returned concrete recovery is Re-con Zero, an innovative additive technology supplied by Mapei South Africa. This […]
Jordon Properties, specialists in the development of game lodges, elite estates, game reserves, and commercial property throughout South and eastern Africa, collaborated with Marley Infrastructure, a division of Marley Pipe Systems, on their most recent Bushveld development – Leadwood Big Game Estate. With over 35 years of experience in the property development industry, Jordan Properties […]
The 88 room Hatfield Manor Hotel has been revamped and renovated to become one of the premier destinations for diplomats and business travellers to the Pretoria area. The Boulevard Group who owns the hotel, also used the opportunity to reduce the hotel’s carbon footprint. In addition the Boulevard Group is rebranding the Manor and making […]
Architects from all over the world are invited to submit their projects to the year’s biggest architecture festival – submission deadline is 10 June. This autumn the renowned World Architecture Festival will open its doors for the sixth time. From 2 to 4 October, the global architectural community will be converging on Singapore’s Marina Bay […]
Cape Town’s architecture and interior design community will never look at tiles in the same way again, after Italcotto hosted its first international Tile Fashion Week, showcasing the hottest Italian trends in tile décor and technology. A glamorous preview event at the Italcotto showroom, literally saw man morphing into stone and alabaster nudes emerge from walls, […]
Osram is illuminating the tenth cruise ship of the Aida Fleet with 9,000 lamps and more than 1 km of LED “strips”. The “swimming city” has a total length of 253.33 metres and a width of 32.20 metres, and offers space for around 2,500 passengers. “Cruise ships with their complex range of demands are in […]
The Parrot AR.Drone 2.0, the new generation of Parrot’s renowned high-tech quadricopter that can be controlled by Wi-Fi using a smartphone or tablet1, will land in South Africa in August 2012. With a new high-definition camera to enable you to take photos or record videos and the ability to easily share them plus a new […]
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- Passive fire protection for airstreamers June 9, 2011
- Floris Marais July 15, 2010
- Balwin Properties now in the Western Cape August 28, 2012
- Getting the mix right November 15, 2010
- Award winning Australian architect to talk sustainability in JHB, DBN and CT January 19, 2011
- New phase of Evergreen Broadacres launched September 2, 2014
- HOW TO WATERPROOF ROOFS BEFORE THE SUMMER RAINS SET IN September 2, 2014
- New phase released for commercial and retail development in Umhlanga August 29, 2014
- Another top industry accolade for Cradlestone Mall August 27, 2014
- MURRAY & ROBERTS BUILDINGS PROGRESSES WITH CONSTRUCTION OF DAINFERN SQUARE August 27, 2014
- Caesarstone Announces Winner of Caesarstone Stu...: […] The prestigious Caesarstone Student Desi...
- Trend Talk #1: Future Forward - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: […] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/dec...
- Renovation of Provincial Government Headquarters: […] Source: All images and information sour...
- Trend Talk #2 - The Present Sense - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: [...] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/decor-t...
- Leading Architecture profiles Musa Xinwa | EXAR Development & Construction | South Africa: [...] Leading Architecture profiled Exar Managing ...