September 2, 2013, Port Shepstone – The children of Vulingqondo Crèche, which is situated in the rural community of Bethania near Port Shepstone, have a lot to smile about since Lonza Wood Protection took the school under its wing six years ago. Through the devoted guidance of Lonza’s Finance Manager, Graham Ponter, Vulingqondo has developed […]
Tellap (Pty) Ltd has won the prestigious ‘Best Product’ award, in the under R1-million category, in the 2013 Green Supply Chain Awards, held in Johannesburg recently. “The Tellap environmentally-friendly pallet-free bulk bag is an innovative storage and transportation system, which integrates two light plastic sleeves into a polypropylene bulk bag, replacing the conventional wooden pallet, […]
Your bathroom is an oasis of well-being that you want to enjoy with all your senses, at all times. The Geberit DuoFresh is an innovative system that keeps a bathroom smelling fresh. The secret is behind the wall. Odours are extracted from inside the toilet bowl, purified through an active carbon filter and gently released […]
Alert Steel and Build announces the launch of its megastores in Gauteng, Limpopo and North West, where timber, plumbing, hardware and building materials have been introduced. [29 August 2013 – Johannesburg] – Steel and building-material giant Alert Steel Holdings Ltd today announced the opening of its new megastores in Pretoria, Polokwane, Lephalale and Brits. These […]
Design Partnership reinvents the banking space with cutting-edge, contemporary store design for Standard Bank
Digital technology has revolutionised the way consumers conduct their financial affairs, specifically banking. In this connected age of the Internet and smartphones, is there a place for a traditional bank with walk-in branches at all? The answer, according to specialist retail design agency, Design Partnership, is yes, provided the bank looks, feels and behaves more […]
ACUTTS Property Group launches the second and final phase of Fernwood Eco-residential estate in Kloof this weekend/on August 31 as the market leaps at opportunities for competitively priced middle-income housing. The 30-unit initial phase has been virtually sold out. The development, being undertaken by Classic Crown and situated in Fernleigh Drive in Kloof amid abundant […]
In August Evonik Acrylics Africa (EEA) is to begin producing extruded PLEXIGLAS® sheets in Elandsfontein, Johannesburg. With an initial number of 20 employees and a new extrusion facility, some several thousand metric tons of semi-finished material will be produced per year for the African market. The products, which are manufactured in accordance with international quality […]
The Moses Mabhida Stadium, with its iconic arch, is an engineering feat that provides Durban with a defining landmark. Weighing in at 2,600 tonnes, the 350m by 105m arch symbolises a once divided nation coming together. Its construction, ahead of the 2010 World Cup, necessitated large sections of concrete to be precast on the ground […]
Incorporating security into the design of a facility – optimising integration and ease of maintenance
Security within facilities – CCTV, access controls, alarms, fire detection and suppression, etc. – is today increasingly integrated and digital, yet it is often an afterthought when a new building is designed. The result is usually less than optimal, with repercussions in terms of the effectiveness and functionality of the final security solution, as well […]
Saint-Gobain Gyproc’s range of Plasterboards for walls and ceilings have achieved the prestigious Premium Ecospecifier SA Product Listing. This accreditation verifies that Saint-Gobain Gyproc Plasterboards are innovative products that represent high-value over their lifetime. According to Ecospecifier SA, all products submitted for evaluation by Saint-Gobain Gyproc achieved accreditation verifying them as commercially available, environmentally preferable […]
Subscribe to the Leading Architecture newsletter
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- BELGOTEX FLOORS EARN COVETED GREEN TAG CERTIFICATION February 9, 2016
- TOM DIXON’S ICE KITCHEN INSTALLATION February 4, 2016
- MASSIVE IMPROVEMENTS FOR SANDTON CBD February 4, 2016
- KBAC FLOORING LAUNCHES LUXURY VINYL TILE February 4, 2016
- GREAT MINDS SET TO GATHER AT THE 10TH ANNUAL GREEN BUILDING CONFERENCE IN TSHWANE February 4, 2016
- VISUALISING THE FUTURE BEFORE IT IS BUILT November 12, 2015
- DIARISE THE URBAN DESIGN CONFERENCE IN MARCH January 15, 2016
- BLUE IS THE NEW BLACK IN PLASCON’S 2016 COLOUR PALETTE January 18, 2016
- FROM COPENHAGEN TO JOBURG, CITIES AND MAYORS ARE LEADING THE WAY ON CLIMATE ACTION January 20, 2016
- WHAT WILL THE ENGAGED WORKPLACE OF THE FUTURE LOOK LIKE? January 20, 2016
- Leading Architecture Magazine – SAPOA honours excellence in Architecture in South Africa | DSA Architects: […] View Article […]...
- Inhouse Brand Architects in the News - Lauren Shantall (Pty) Ltd: […] View article here […]...
- Leading Architecture and Design Magazine Features Inhouse Brand Architects: […] View article here […]...
- janice: Please can you confirm cost. For geyser timer...
- Green Building Conference in June - Alive2greenAlive2green: […] Source: Leading Architecture […]...