The large “soil mountain” next to the N1 highway between Woodmead and Midrand in Johannesburg, is part of a green initiative by Atterbury Property Developments in its most ambitious project so far – the Waterfall Business Estate. “Rather than carting it away, we’re stockpiling the soil from earthworks to reuse in construction projects,” says Atterbury […]
According to the “World Design Guide” 73 design events are organized in 2013. As it is reasonably not possible and useful for a magazine like yours to cover all of them, you need to do a selection. So far it sounds to be just common sense, but this exercise is actually more complicated that it […]
The Property Sector Charter Council (PSCC) recently organised a Property School Career Week to create interest among learners about the career opportunities in the property sector. The aim of the exercise was to create a single platform for learners to find out as much as possible about the industry by engaging with professionals from various […]
Jozini Mall, the new 18,220sqm community shopping centre in North-Eastern KwaZulu-Natal, is now fully let and will open on Thursday, 24th October 2013. National tenants who have committed exceed 85% of the area. Anchor tenant Shoprite will lead the 50 shop retail mix in a 3,124sqm store. Gavin Tagg of Retail Network Services, which is […]
Renowned architecture event in Singapore Discover innovative products and projects, draw fresh inspiration and share forward-looking insights – this is what the World Architecture Festival (WAF) was about. Taking place from October 2 to 4 2013, architects and designers from all over the globe will converged on Singapore to attend the world’s largest architecture event. […]
GROHE, the world leading German manufacturer in sanitary fittings is entrenching its foothold within the African market through continued expansion and dedicated commitment to bringing pure water enjoyment to all. GROHE is renowned world-wide for their innovative technologies, ground-breaking designs and firm commitment to environmental sustainability. With GROHE sales offices established in East and West […]
Cobus Lourens from Swartland offers an overview on what makes the use of timber products from Swartland such an effective long-term contributor to sustainability and green building practices. 25 September 2013, Johannesburg: Wood is a great green construction material – it is both sustainable and renewable when it is sourced from sustainably managed forests […]
Zenprop Property Holdings is pleased to announce major acknowledgements from two distinguished and independent organisations, the South African Property Owners Association (SAPOA), and the South African Council of Shopping Centres (SACSC). In the instance of SAPOA, Zenprop was honoured at the Innovative Excellence in Property Development Awards 2013, whereby Zenprop’s new Alexander Forbes Head Office […]
2014 will be a big year for water infrastructure in Durban with construction of the second phase of the Western Aqueduct gathering momentum and the beginning of the first contract of the urgently Northern Aqueduct likely to begin. Neil Macleod, head of eThekwini Water and Sanitation (EWS) said that the municipality had released a further […]
Global leader in 3D Design Software, Autodesk, is offering South Africans the opportunity to attend an internationally accredited day of further education and networking on 22 October. For the second year running, the highly anticipated Autodesk University Extension (AUx) will offer design professionals in the architecture, engineering, construction, manufacturing and infrastructure industries the opportunity to […]
Subscribe to the Leading Architecture newsletter
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- Willowlamp shines in Dubai July 25, 2016
- SOUTH AFRICAN ARCHITECTURE SET FOR SIGNIFICANT CHANGES July 25, 2016
- PPC IMAGINARIUM AWARDS CALL FOR ENTRIES July 25, 2016
- DURBAN LEADS THE CHARGE TOWARDS A NATIONAL SPATIAL REVOLUTION July 25, 2016
- NEW 3D VISUALISER FOR BRICK FINISHES July 25, 2016
- Willowlamp shines in Dubai July 25, 2016
- TOP MINDS ON CLIMATE CHANGE TO HEADLINE GREEN BUILDING CONVENTION 2016 May 9, 2016
- COOL CAPITAL TO REPRESENT SOUTH AFRICA AT THE 15TH ARCHITECTURE EXHIBITION AT LA BIENNALE DI VENEZIA May 9, 2016
- NEW-LOOK STAINLESS STEEL AWARDS ‘IN PURSUIT OF BRILLIANCE’ May 16, 2016
- MODERN MAKEOVER May 16, 2016
- Leading Architecture Magazine – SAPOA honours excellence in Architecture in South Africa | DSA Architects: […] View Article […]...
- Inhouse Brand Architects in the News - Lauren Shantall (Pty) Ltd: […] View article here […]...
- Leading Architecture and Design Magazine Features Inhouse Brand Architects: […] View article here […]...
- janice: Please can you confirm cost. For geyser timer...
- Green Building Conference in June - Alive2greenAlive2green: […] Source: Leading Architecture […]...