The Holcim Awards is one of the most significant competitions in its field in terms of reputation and international scope. The fourth cycle of the competition offering a total of USD 2 million in prize money is now open for entries. The competition seeks leading projects from industry professionals and bold ideas from the “Next […]
In the face of ever declining ecosystems and degraded environments, it is widely acknowledged that earnest efforts are needed to reduce emissions and to embrace sustainability. Worldwide, buildings are responsible for a third of all carbon emissions, representing the ‘lowest hanging fruit’ in the reduction of emissions. Studies have presented empirical evidence that high performance […]
The way people work is changing fast and this can be attributed to the arrival of Generation Y in the workplace. We are facing a huge generational shift as many Baby Boomers (born between 1946 and 1964) are currently retiring, making way for Generation Y (born around 1977 to the 1990s). Also known as the […]
There are many different ways for an organisation to reduce its carbon footprint and ‘go green.’ However, few solutions will deliver the hoped-for results if you haven’t done your homework, read the fine print and put in place the foundations necessary to leverage your investments. If you are serious about embedding eco-principles into your business, […]
Sika has acquired Everbuild Building Products Ltd, UK’s largest independent manufacturer of sealants, adhesives and construction chemicals. Everbuild is located in Leeds with annual sales revenue of over CHF 90 million and a workforce of 270 employees. Everbuild, founded in 1994, is a highly reputed brand in the UK building market and the leader in […]
The Geberit Sigma10 flush plate now with a design makeover and new stop-and-go flush activation How to make timeless design even more perfect – the new, subtle makeover of the Geberit Sigma10 flush plate shows how. Thanks to a diverse selection of colours and surfaces, the flush plate looks fabulous in any interior décor. The […]
A highlight for ART Solar at the end of May 2013, was a visit from the Minister of Energy, Ms Dipuo Peters, to the recently established plant in Pinetown, KwaZulu-Natal. “We were proud to introduce the Minister to our team and to show the dignitaries around our new manufacturing facility. ART Solar has the latest […]
June 2013 – The DONN ceiling system has been reinvented by the innovative Gyproc team in South Africa, and was launched last week to industry stakeholders including contractors, architects, project managers and media at a series of events hosted in major cities across the country. The new generation of DONN grids are fully compatible and […]
The need to strike a balance between tough action on cartelists on the one hand and an industry able to deliver on its infrastructure mandate Justin Balkin from ENS: The Minister is undoubtedly correct. As in all cases of collusion, it is essential that an effective penalty is levied (for purposes of both punishment […]
A successful product is one that gets used more than once, having satisfied the expectation of the client. Below is a showcase of two projects that used the same local retaining block to extend long-standing retaining walls. Oasis Retirement Centre, Century City The first wall, approved by Harries Projects, is a long wavy sound barrier […]
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- Passive fire protection for airstreamers June 9, 2011
- Floris Marais July 15, 2010
- Balwin Properties now in the Western Cape August 28, 2012
- Getting the mix right November 15, 2010
- Award winning Australian architect to talk sustainability in JHB, DBN and CT January 19, 2011
- ENTRIES OPEN FOR CONCRETE MANUFACTURERS’ AWARDS April 20, 2015
- SANTAM GIVES OFFICES A GREEN REFURB April 20, 2015
- LINE UP FOR ARCHITECTUREZA 2015 TAKING SHAPE April 13, 2015
- TOP DESIGN BRANDS BEHIND 100% DESIGN SOUTH AFRICA April 13, 2015
- CREATIVE BUSINESS EXCHANGE HEADS FOR CAPE TOWN April 9, 2015
- JJ: Hi, we require one or two of these boxes to build ...
- Caesarstone Announces Winner of Caesarstone Stu...: […] The prestigious Caesarstone Student Desi...
- Trend Talk #1: Future Forward - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: […] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/dec...
- Renovation of Provincial Government Headquarters: […] Source: All images and information sour...
- Trend Talk #2 - The Present Sense - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: [...] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/decor-t...