There is one month left to enter a bar design competition which challenges the next generation of innovators to create their ultimate drinks counter. The competition aims to enhance consumer experience at tasting events held by the FINE BRANDY. BY DESIGN. collection of premium brandies. The prize for the winning designer is R50 000 – […]
“Lafarge is a well-established, experienced building materials producer on the African continent”, was the clear message to a gathering of 70 key South African construction and engineering industry leaders at the prestigious ‘Lafarge in Africa’ breakfast seminar on 3 July in Sandton. Lafarge South Africa, local subsidiary of the international Lafarge Group, the world leader […]
19 July 2013, Johannesburg: There are many various individual aspects that help to define a product’s green credentials. However, it is essential to look at the environmental impact of the product in question from a holistic perspective, and to see how all those individual aspects work together, in order to truly understand how “green” it […]
Diepsloot, on the northern boundary of Johannesburg, has attracted huge informal settlements, resulting in a population estimated to be over 350 000. The dramatic growth in the area has meant that thousands of young people have little in the way of further education and life-skills support facilities. A dream of Father Louis Blondel, a missionary who […]
Negotiations for the first property sales within the recently released 17 hectare Bridge City Business Estate – a prime location just 17 kilometres from the Durban port and 23 kilometres from the King Shaka International Airport – are well underway. The entire 60 hectare Bridge City development, which includes the mixed use commercial and residential […]
DM Agencies in Cape Town has won a gold level prize in Legrand’s ‘Club Legrand’ competition – a campaign initiated earlier this year to increase awareness of the Legrand name. “This competition, with the ultimate prize of a trip to Paris, has created a buzz at Legrand’s distributor outlets throughout the country,” says Luk Ivens, […]
* Easy-to-use guide on how to choose the appropriate insulation material thickness for the various building applications. * Over 5000 units earmarked for distribution to South Africa’s architects and building planners. BASF will launch a new calculation tool for architects during the Green Building Conference and Exhibition 2013, which forms part of the larger Sustainability […]
Mapei, world leader in the production of adhesives and chemical products for building, can look back on its 75 year history with pride. From the massive Panama Canal project to the breathtaking Three Gorges Dam on China’s Yangstze River; from London’s ingenious Olympic Stadium to Cape Town’s tallest skyscraper, Mapei’s technical expertise and innovative products […]
The V&A Waterfront has been awarded another Green Star rating, this time for its No2 Silo building. The 4 Star Green Star rating comes shortly after No1 Silo, an 18 000 square metre commercial building and the new Allan Gray head office, was awarded a 6 star Green Star rating for design. No2 Silo is […]
The 2013 DHL Rising Star Awards – in partnership with the Human Capital Institute Africa (HCI Africa) – has announced that 49 finalists have been accepted to go through to the final judging phase of the awards, with the 2013 Rising Star from each of the eleven featured business sectors to be announced on 15 […]
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- Passive fire protection for airstreamers June 9, 2011
- Floris Marais July 15, 2010
- Affordable housing development for upmarket Durban suburb May 14, 2012
- Balwin Properties now in the Western Cape August 28, 2012
- Getting the mix right November 15, 2010
- ESSENCE OF LUXURY: AXOR CITTERIO E August 26, 2015
- PPC IMAGINARIUM AWARDS 2015: LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES August 25, 2015
- BRYANSTON BUILDING BOOM GAINS MOMENTUM August 19, 2015
- BRINGING LIFE TO NEWTOWN August 17, 2015
- ERGOFORM’S 3D ACOUSTIC PANELS ADD DESIGN FEATURE August 17, 2015
- Leading Architecture Magazine – SAPOA honours excellence in Architecture in South Africa | DSA Architects: […] View Article […]...
- Inhouse Brand Architects in the News - Lauren Shantall (Pty) Ltd: […] View article here […]...
- Leading Architecture and Design Magazine Features Inhouse Brand Architects: […] View article here […]...
- janice: Please can you confirm cost. For geyser timer...
- Green Building Conference in June - Alive2greenAlive2green: […] Source: Leading Architecture […]...