Kimberley, 18 September 2013 – The Department of Higher Education and Training, tonight announced the winners in the Sol Plaatje University architectural design competition and revealed the winning designs of the future campus. The announcement was made at a special event attended by, among others, the Premier of the Northern Cape, Ms Sylvia Lucas; Executive […]
Betts Townsend’s construction project management expertise is being put to good use on a prestigious new development by property loan stock company, Redefine. The development – 90 Grayston – is a new premier-grade office building right in the heart of bustling Sandton. The 16 storey, premier-grade building will consist of underground parking basements, above-ground parking […]
Indulge in luxury, far removed from everyday life The five-star Titanic Deluxe Belek Hotel in the Turkish province of Antalya is set amidst a beautiful Mediterranean landscape. Surrounded by green pine woods and sitting on the banks of the turquoise Beşgöz River, it is a retreat for all those who want to forget their everyday […]
Africa has the highest rate of urban growth in the world, with the urban population predicted to double by 2030. The Urban Design, Planning and Development Conference will provide attendees with practical knowledge and expert advice on how the planning, design and development of Africa’s CBDs and town centres can be optimised for the benefit […]
SEPTEMBER 17, 2013: THE Eastern Cape Institute of Architecture (ECIA) today announced its programme for an inaugural “Urban Assembly” of Nelson Mandela Bay-based professionals, students and the public, flush with a line-up of some of the industry’s top names and a menu of events that aim to profile the profession as key to shaping the […]
Concrete and cement are often unfairly blamed for unacceptably high carbon-dioxide emissions, says Bryan Perrie, MD of The Concrete Institute. Perrie says the current average worldwide consumption of concrete is about a ton per year for every living person. “Notwithstanding this extensive use, the global cement industry still accounts for only about 5% of man-made […]
Consolidating its position as a leading southern African brand, AfriSam’s flagship product, All Purpose Cement has now been upgraded from the 32.5R to the 42.5N strength class, further differentiating this all-round performance product from the low-end economy cements available on the local market. “Now in the ultra-high strength class and with 15% more concrete in […]
Today Accéntuate subsidiary, FloorworX Africa (PTY) Ltd announces its ± R10 Million acquisition of Suntups Wooden Flooring (PTY) Ltd, a privately owned business with a well-established customer base, specialising in solid wood flooring, engineered single plank wood flooring and decking. The acquisition contract is effective 1 September 2013 with final ratification by the board on 25September. Signatories to […]
Founder of construction business Silverline Group, Jonathan Pepler, has been recognised for his remarkable accomplishments during the early stages of a business life cycle by being awarded the 2013 Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year® title in the annual Sanlam / Business Partners Entrepreneur of the Year ® Competition, which was held in Johannesburg on Wednesday, 4 September 2013. The Emerging Entrepreneur of the […]
U.S. hardwood lumber and veneer exports to South Africa top USD 4.5 million in the first half of 2013
American hardwoods offer wide diversity, high performance in applications and documented sustainable credentials September 11, 2013 – USD 4.5 million worth of American hardwood lumber and veneer were exported to South Africa during the first six months of this year, according to the American Hardwood Export Council (AHEC), the leading international trade association for the […]
Subscribe to the Leading Architecture newsletter
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- BIM MEANS CHANGE IN MANY DIMENSIONS April 20, 2016
- SMEG LEADS THE WAY IN KITCHEN APPLIANCE DESIGN April 20, 2016
- SUSPENDED FIREPLACE LIVING April 18, 2016
- SHUTTERS ADD VALUE April 18, 2016
- CALL FOR NEW WAVE DESIGN SUBMISSIONS April 13, 2016
- GREAT MINDS SET TO GATHER AT THE 10TH ANNUAL GREEN BUILDING CONFERENCE IN TSHWANE February 4, 2016
- HANSGROHE RAINMAKER SHOWER SYSTEM WINS GLOBAL DESIGN AWARD March 30, 2016
- AMERICAN HARDWOOD SEMINAR IN CAPE TOWN April 1, 2016
- CALL FOR ENTRIES FOR STEEL AWARDS 2016 February 25, 2016
- LIGHTING THE ZEITZ MUSEUM OF CONTEMPORARY ART April 8, 2016
- Leading Architecture Magazine – SAPOA honours excellence in Architecture in South Africa | DSA Architects: […] View Article […]...
- Inhouse Brand Architects in the News - Lauren Shantall (Pty) Ltd: […] View article here […]...
- Leading Architecture and Design Magazine Features Inhouse Brand Architects: […] View article here […]...
- janice: Please can you confirm cost. For geyser timer...
- Green Building Conference in June - Alive2greenAlive2green: […] Source: Leading Architecture […]...