Durban is fast becoming a bicycle friendly city and Corobrik is proud to have its products used in the construction of the eThekwini Municipality’s new cycle route along the lower, eastern section of the Greyville race course. This will form part of a route that will link the Durban Botanic Gardens with Mitchell Park via […]
For the 4th consecutive year, Energy Cybernetics has been making its Energy Barometer tool available to building owners and facility managers to participate in the National Energy Barometer Survey (NEBS). The Energy Barometer is a non-intrusive and cost-effective process to determine the energy consumption stance of a building in relation to others in a similar […]
Mmuagabo Primary School in Bodibe Village, North West Province, was the venue for the second Lafarge Community Trust Awards for Excellence ceremony. The Awards were launched in 2012 with the aim of motivating school learners, educators and community members to strive for excellence by showing public appreciation for their efforts. The Awards complement the work […]
An innovative joint venture in Heidelberg between the Lesedi Council and private developers is bringing not only a new regional shopping centre to the town, but R600 million in capital investment and up to 1,200 permanent jobs. The 35,000m² Heidelberg Mall is being developed by Flanagan & Gerard, one of South Africa’s leading shopping centre developers. […]
In keeping with its business philosophy of providing funding and support solutions that realise opportunities for its clients, Nedbank Corporate Property Finance has concluded a R144 million loan agreement with Atterbury for the development of the Waterfall Corner Retail Centre. The development – which is already under construction on the corner of Maxwell and Woodmead […]
31 July 2013 Durban. In a tough trading environment Corobrik,.the national brickmaker now 111 years old has completed its 2012 / 2013 financial year with a strong showing. Dirk Meyer, Managing Director of Corobrik says, “the operational strategies revolve around enhancing the Corobrik value proposition. We drive improvements continuously in the business in all three […]
Plascon is South Africa’s leading manufacturer of paints and coatings. The company has recently introduced the Plascon Professional Hygiene™ Low Sheen which uses BIODEFENCE™ silver technology to create cleaner and more hygienic interiors by reducing the risk of cross contamination, illness and infection in public areas and buildings such as hospitals and food manufacturers. The […]
There is one month left to enter a bar design competition which challenges the next generation of innovators to create their ultimate drinks counter. The competition aims to enhance consumer experience at tasting events held by the FINE BRANDY. BY DESIGN. collection of premium brandies. The prize for the winning designer is R50 000 – […]
“Lafarge is a well-established, experienced building materials producer on the African continent”, was the clear message to a gathering of 70 key South African construction and engineering industry leaders at the prestigious ‘Lafarge in Africa’ breakfast seminar on 3 July in Sandton. Lafarge South Africa, local subsidiary of the international Lafarge Group, the world leader […]
19 July 2013, Johannesburg: There are many various individual aspects that help to define a product’s green credentials. However, it is essential to look at the environmental impact of the product in question from a holistic perspective, and to see how all those individual aspects work together, in order to truly understand how “green” it […]
Subscribe to the Leading Architecture newsletter
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- Passive fire protection for airstreamers June 9, 2011
- Floris Marais July 15, 2010
- Affordable housing development for upmarket Durban suburb May 14, 2012
- Balwin Properties now in the Western Cape August 28, 2012
- Getting the mix right November 15, 2010
- BLOEMFONTEIN’S HISTORIC POOL TO BE RESTORED September 28, 2015
- HANSGROHE PROVIDES SUBTLE FINISHES FOR SANDTON SKYE APARTMENTS September 23, 2015
- AZA SET TO LOOK AT FUTURE CITIES September 23, 2015
- THE WAUW FACTOR September 16, 2015
- ORIGAMI FLOWER WALL WOWS AT MENLYN PARK September 7, 2015
- Leading Architecture Magazine – SAPOA honours excellence in Architecture in South Africa | DSA Architects: […] View Article […]...
- Inhouse Brand Architects in the News - Lauren Shantall (Pty) Ltd: […] View article here […]...
- Leading Architecture and Design Magazine Features Inhouse Brand Architects: […] View article here […]...
- janice: Please can you confirm cost. For geyser timer...
- Green Building Conference in June - Alive2greenAlive2green: […] Source: Leading Architecture […]...