Portside, designed by dhk Architects in a joint venture with Louis Karol Architects, was awarded a five star “Design” rating under the Green Building Council of South Africa’s (GBCSA) Green Star rating system for offices. The rating system recognises achievements in sustainable architecture. This acknowledgement makes Portside the first 5 Star Green Star SA certified […]
The new SAPMA/SAPITI Centre of Excellence training facility for the coatings industry is the first industry-dedicated training centre, established through prolonged co-operative efforts between a specific industry and the government initiated by the coatings sector. The long-awaited Centre of Excellence at 33 Argon Road, Fulcrum, Springs, was officially opened on June 14. It is based […]
“Building-integrated photovoltaic (BIPV) solar power systems, not only convert solar energy to electricity, but these modules, which are considered to be multifunctional construction materials, also form part of the building envelope,” says Dr Ronald Lange, chief operating officer for ART Solar, South Africa’s only locally owned PV manufacturer. “The new global trend is for photovoltaic […]
Concrete floors on the ground account for the majority of problems dealt with by the technical staff at The Concrete Institute, says Bryan Perrie, MD of the Institute. Perrie says the problems encountered can be categorised into surface defects, joint defects and structural defects. Within each of these categories there are numerous different defects. An […]
After more than 35 years at the helm, I have decided to step down as Managing Director of BEKA. Together with you, our clients, we have over the years realised our dream to make BEKA Africa’s most competent and largest luminaire manufacturer in Africa. We succeeded in becoming the leader in the field of technical […]
Trade servicing mission reveals high level of awareness and understanding of U.S. hardwood species and their applications June 17, 2013 – Demand for American hardwoods in South Africa is poised to remain strong in 2013 according to the American Hardwood Export Council (AHEC), the leading international trade association for the American hardwood industry. Confident about […]
Concrete is playing an increasingly important role in the development of southern African countries as structures are built to facilitate economic and social development. Johan van Wyk, general manager of the South African Readymix Association (Sarma), says that the outstanding level of entries into this year’s Fulton Awards hosted by the Concrete Society of Southern […]
The Energy Training Foundation (EnTF) is the approved training partner of the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) for the Southern African region, affiliated trainer for the SAEE, and presents the following training courses: Certified Energy Manager (CEM) an AEE course – 5 CPD credits: *14-18 October 2013, Johannesburg Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP) an […]
Redefine Properties’ R505 million redevelopment of the 90 Grayston commercial office address contributes to the vibrant and constant upgrade of Sandton, ensuring it keeps pace with other advanced cities around the world. So explains Mike Ruttell, Redefine Properties’ Head of Development. He advises the project – Redefine’s single largest commercial office development to date – […]
AfriSam’s annual Suppliers’ Awards function is an event much anticipated by the industry, as key suppliers are recognised for their service and support during the previous year. Suppliers compete for this prestigious acknowledgment of their superior performance, reliability and quality which AfriSam actively encourages and courts as it, in turn, strives to remain the customer […]
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- Passive fire protection for airstreamers June 9, 2011
- Floris Marais July 15, 2010
- Balwin Properties now in the Western Cape August 28, 2012
- Getting the mix right November 15, 2010
- Award winning Australian architect to talk sustainability in JHB, DBN and CT January 19, 2011
- Caesarstone now available in Zimbabwe January 29, 2015
- Design stars head for Guild design fair in February January 22, 2015
- Smart shopping for smart homes January 21, 2015
- Plascon talks paint 2015 January 20, 2015
- Wearable Architecture January 18, 2015
- Caesarstone Announces Winner of Caesarstone Stu...: […] The prestigious Caesarstone Student Desi...
- Trend Talk #1: Future Forward - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: […] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/dec...
- Renovation of Provincial Government Headquarters: […] Source: All images and information sour...
- Trend Talk #2 - The Present Sense - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: [...] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/decor-t...
- Leading Architecture profiles Musa Xinwa | EXAR Development & Construction | South Africa: [...] Leading Architecture profiled Exar Managing ...