The Gordon Verhoef and Krause (GVK) group of companies, comprising Gordon Verhoef & Krause and GVK-Siya Zama, specialists in the construction, renovation, restoration and recycling of buildings, has recently attained its ISO 14001 environmental management accreditation – making it one of the first, medium-sized organisations in its sector to attain this certification. It is also […]
Classically elegant designer faucets for guest bathrooms All the best hotels in the world make great efforts to welcome their guests in an exquisite ambiance, with three in four opting for a classically elegant style that makes guests from all over the world feel right at home. This preference for international design is now catered […]
The Concrete Institute’s School of Concrete Technology will offer the globally-respected Advanced Concrete Technology (ACT/SCT50) diploma course from January 2014 and not September 2013 as originally planned. Registration for the six month long ACT course has therefore been extended to December this year, says Gary Theodosiou, lecturer at the School of Concrete Technology. Theodosiou says […]
August 15, 2013, Port Shepstone – Lonza Wood Protection recently presented an expert practical session on the pressure treatment process of Tanalith™ C (CCA) wood preservative. The informative session was delivered as part of a diploma program and was well received from 3rd year Wood Technology students and lecturing staff of the School of Natural […]
Maize seed developers Pioneer Hi Bred recently contacted Sika to assess the state of box guttering at its manufacturing plants in Rosslyn, Pretoria North. At a meeting with Marchant Wolfaardt of Sika, Pioneer Hi-Bred explained that since they manufacture dry products, it is vitally important that these products are not contaminated with moisture, which would […]
Legrand, global specialists in electrical and digital building infrastructures, has made a further commitment to the South African market with the full renovation and extension of its existing premises in Sandton, Johannesburg. “Legrand’s recently completed refurbishment encompasses new offices, an interactive showroom and a training facility, which will be used for customer discovery visits, training […]
In his university days, PPC’s newly appointed Architectural Concrete Specialist, Daniel van der Merwe, shared the common perception that concrete was ‘dull and boring’, being a mere construction material. Today, this perception among architects and other key decision makers has changed and they are fast finding alternate uses for the mere construction material. “The use […]
Ash Resources introduced the ‘green’ into South African concrete over thirty years ago. Since then, the company’s fly ash products have made an increasingly important impact on the ‘greening’ of our houses, shopping malls, dams, harbours, bridges – in fact the construction industry as a whole. Each ton of fly ash used in a cement […]
Thirteen years ago, the international Lafarge Group, the world leader in building materials, was the first industrial group to enter into a worldwide Conservation Partnership with the environmental protection organisation, WWF International. One of the key outcomes of that partnership was a commitment by the Group to reduce its global cement plant carbon dioxide (CO2) […]
Innovative, impressive and progressive were some of the words judges used to describe the top entries into this year’s Cobra Design Competition, which called on aspiring designers to submit fresh, new designs for taps and mixers that incorporated cutting-edge technology, eco-conscious features and sound aesthetics. Following a hotly contested judging process, the 10 finalists in […]
Subscribe to the Leading Architecture newsletter
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- TOP FREE STATE ARCHITECTS HONOURED November 24, 2015
- ATTERBURY’S WATERFALL CORNER DEVELOPMENT WINS SPECTRUM AWARD FOR BEST SHOPPING CENTRE November 24, 2015
- PORKY HEFER’S DELICIOUS MONSTERS November 24, 2015
- BALDUCCI’S NEW LOOK BY ARRCC November 24, 2015
- ITALTILE PERFECTS MEDITERRANEAN TILES November 16, 2015
- ASSA ABLOY REVEALS NEW DOOR CONCEPT September 7, 2015
- CAESARSTONE KITCHEN FINALISTS SHORT-LISTED November 3, 2015
- OUT OF THE BOX November 4, 2015
- BREATHING LIFE INTO ECO SAFARI DESIGN November 4, 2015
- VISUALISING THE FUTURE BEFORE IT IS BUILT November 12, 2015
- Leading Architecture Magazine – SAPOA honours excellence in Architecture in South Africa | DSA Architects: […] View Article […]...
- Inhouse Brand Architects in the News - Lauren Shantall (Pty) Ltd: […] View article here […]...
- Leading Architecture and Design Magazine Features Inhouse Brand Architects: […] View article here […]...
- janice: Please can you confirm cost. For geyser timer...
- Green Building Conference in June - Alive2greenAlive2green: […] Source: Leading Architecture […]...