Durban is widely recognized as a highly successful conference city, with the ability to host large-scale gatherings, due to its wonderful year-round temperate climate and sophisticated infrastructure. The dynamics of Durban, as city and as a well-connected city-region, has created a highly specific urban context for the 25th International Union of Architects World Congress, UIA […]
Tag Archives | architecture
The impact of colour on our lives should not be underestimated – there is no doubt that certain colours evoke specific emotions or at the very least are associated with a particular feeling, for example, red is the colour of passion and excitement, blue is calming and relaxing, yellow evokes feelings of happiness while green […]
Awards for Architecture 2013 Gauteng, Johannesburg The Gauteng Institute for Architecture (GIfA),representing the 550 key architects in Gauteng, is pleased to announce Thursday 31 October 2013, as the official date for the biennial Awards for Architecture which is set to take place at the well known Turbine Hall in Newtown’s cultural precinct. The Awards will […]
World renowned and highly anticipated trend forecaster, ColourFutures™ 2013 has recently been launched by Dulux, a brand from the world’s number one paint company, AkzoNobel. The culmination of an annual gathering by the world’s foremost creative design, architecture and fashion experts, ColourFutures™ serves to predict key trends for the coming year. These insights are then […]
HP introduces entry-level, web-connected solutions for large-format printing from virtually anywhere
HP today unveiled the industry’s first web-connected, entry-level printing solutions for architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) students and professionals, making in-house, large-format printing accessible to more users. Delivering large-format printing through the cloud from virtually anywhere, (1) the new HP Designjet T120 and T520 ePrinter series provide on-the-go professionals with simple and affordable printing […]
Last Thursday night, the fifth, prestigious Caesarstone Student Design 2012 competition awards evening was held at The Venue at Melrose Arch, where nine competition finalists were honoured for their inspired entries to the competition, and the winner and runner up announced live. Johannesburg and Pretoria’s finest architects, interior designers, industry leaders, lecturers and students from […]
It is said that there’s only two prerequisites for creating beautiful imagery, an interesting subject and beautiful light. If you bring those two elements together then something quite visually magical starts to happen. There’s sensational imagery to be found everywhere if one has a keen enough eye. Being passionate about architecture & construction and having […]
According to Roman architect Vitruvius, architecture should satisfy the three principles of firmitas, utilitas and venustas or translated: durability, utility and beauty. However since the 1st century much has changed. Added to the strength, function and aesthetic of a building, architecture now has to satisfy the need for sustainability. Sustainability without compromise of the […]
Since 1985, Eskom has been rewarding excellence in energy efficiency with their eta Awards. These prestigious awards recognise exceptional effort in the more efficient use of energy by businesses, industry and even individuals, encouraging people all over the country, in whatever capacity, to do their part in contributing to a “greener” world. The independent […]
Coinciding with its 40th anniversary celebrations, the Concrete Manufacturers Association (CMA) has announced that its 2012 Awards for Excellence competition will be run on an entirely new basis. Unlike in the past when the competition categories were product-based, this year the emphasis is on the core values and standards on which precast concrete products […]
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- Passive fire protection for airstreamers June 9, 2011
- Floris Marais July 15, 2010
- Balwin Properties now in the Western Cape August 28, 2012
- Getting the mix right November 15, 2010
- Award winning Australian architect to talk sustainability in JHB, DBN and CT January 19, 2011
- Caesarstone now available in Zimbabwe January 29, 2015
- Design stars head for Guild design fair in February January 22, 2015
- Smart shopping for smart homes January 21, 2015
- Plascon talks paint 2015 January 20, 2015
- Wearable Architecture January 18, 2015
- Caesarstone Announces Winner of Caesarstone Stu...: […] The prestigious Caesarstone Student Desi...
- Trend Talk #1: Future Forward - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: […] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/dec...
- Renovation of Provincial Government Headquarters: […] Source: All images and information sour...
- Trend Talk #2 - The Present Sense - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: [...] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/decor-t...
- Leading Architecture profiles Musa Xinwa | EXAR Development & Construction | South Africa: [...] Leading Architecture profiled Exar Managing ...