What makes a home? In many instances it’s the things we own, the things that make us happy and the things that we’ve collected over time. If you’re prone to hoarding, the activity of homemaking can become a bit problematic, especially if you live in a small space. Madrid-based PKMN Architectures set about solving this problem […]
Atterbury Property Holdings has developed a R6.2 million landmark pedestrian bridge between Lynnwood Bridge Retail and Office Park with Glenfair Boulevard in Pretoria. The eye-catching bridge spans Daventry Road and links these two prime properties. Zahn Hulme of Atterbury explains the bridge, which is complete and open for use, has been designed to make moving […]
Autodesk University has provided customers worldwide with the best learning and networking experiences for over 20 years. Beginning as a conference in the United States, the program has grown to include events around the globe. On Thursday 4 September 2014, this design event – one of the largest in South Africa, second only to the […]
The fourth cycle of the USD 2 million International Holcim Awards competition attracted more than 6,000 projects and visions in sustainable construction from 152 countries. The diverse geographic spread of entries and growth in submissions from developing countries confirms the importance of creating a more sustainable built environment. Entries will be screened for compliance before […]
In previous years, PPC Ltd has been rewarded for its innovation, and support of the Arts, and 2014 is no different, as the company launches its inaugural PPC Imaginarium Awards. Supporting the annual awards, confirms PPC Ltd as one of the largest promoters and patrons of the Arts and Design in South Africa. Evolving from […]
Read the January/February 2014 issue of Leading Architecture & Design here We feature Culross on Main by M-Architects, Strauss Daly Place by Elphick Proome Architects, Brits Hospital by Jas Vancraybex Architects and profile Mellet & Human Architects
Dan Sawatzky’s creative and quirky signs are well-known to parts of the SAi EnRoute community and they have delighted those who have seen them at industrial, commercial and recreational sites around the Pacific-Northwest and beyond. His imagination and love of making things led to his biggest project: building a family home. Sawatzky’s Imagination Corporation, in […]
According to the “World Design Guide” 73 design events are organized in 2013. As it is reasonably not possible and useful for a magazine like yours to cover all of them, you need to do a selection. So far it sounds to be just common sense, but this exercise is actually more complicated that it […]
Global leader in 3D Design Software, Autodesk, is offering South Africans the opportunity to attend an internationally accredited day of further education and networking on 22 October. For the second year running, the highly anticipated Autodesk University Extension (AUx) will offer design professionals in the architecture, engineering, construction, manufacturing and infrastructure industries the opportunity to […]
Durban is widely recognized as a highly successful conference city, with the ability to host large-scale gatherings, due to its wonderful year-round temperate climate and sophisticated infrastructure. The dynamics of Durban, as city and as a well-connected city-region, has created a highly specific urban context for the 25th International Union of Architects World Congress, UIA […]
Subscribe to the Leading Architecture newsletter
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- ORPHANAGE BUILT USING RECYCLED POLYSTYRENE May 25, 2016
- LIGHT STEEL FRAME SOLUTION FOR SWAZILAND CLINIC May 24, 2016
- VEDHANT MAHARAJ WINS THE 2015 COROBRIK ARCHITECTURAL AWARDS May 23, 2016
- MODERN MAKEOVER May 16, 2016
- NEW-LOOK STAINLESS STEEL AWARDS ‘IN PURSUIT OF BRILLIANCE’ May 16, 2016
- FINAL CALL FOR ENTRIES FOR THE 2015/2016 AFRISAM-SAIA AWARD FOR SUSTAINABLE ARCHITECTURE + INNOVATION March 7, 2016
- SHUTTERS ADD VALUE April 18, 2016
- SUSPENDED FIREPLACE LIVING April 18, 2016
- SMEG LEADS THE WAY IN KITCHEN APPLIANCE DESIGN April 20, 2016
- BIM MEANS CHANGE IN MANY DIMENSIONS April 20, 2016
- Leading Architecture Magazine – SAPOA honours excellence in Architecture in South Africa | DSA Architects: […] View Article […]...
- Inhouse Brand Architects in the News - Lauren Shantall (Pty) Ltd: […] View article here […]...
- Leading Architecture and Design Magazine Features Inhouse Brand Architects: […] View article here […]...
- janice: Please can you confirm cost. For geyser timer...
- Green Building Conference in June - Alive2greenAlive2green: […] Source: Leading Architecture […]...