The fourth cycle of the USD 2 million International Holcim Awards competition attracted more than 6,000 projects and visions in sustainable construction from 152 countries. The diverse geographic spread of entries and growth in submissions from developing countries confirms the importance of creating a more sustainable built environment. Entries will be screened for compliance before […]
In previous years, PPC Ltd has been rewarded for its innovation, and support of the Arts, and 2014 is no different, as the company launches its inaugural PPC Imaginarium Awards. Supporting the annual awards, confirms PPC Ltd as one of the largest promoters and patrons of the Arts and Design in South Africa. Evolving from […]
Read the January/February 2014 issue of Leading Architecture & Design here We feature Culross on Main by M-Architects, Strauss Daly Place by Elphick Proome Architects, Brits Hospital by Jas Vancraybex Architects and profile Mellet & Human Architects
Dan Sawatzky’s creative and quirky signs are well-known to parts of the SAi EnRoute community and they have delighted those who have seen them at industrial, commercial and recreational sites around the Pacific-Northwest and beyond. His imagination and love of making things led to his biggest project: building a family home. Sawatzky’s Imagination Corporation, in […]
According to the “World Design Guide” 73 design events are organized in 2013. As it is reasonably not possible and useful for a magazine like yours to cover all of them, you need to do a selection. So far it sounds to be just common sense, but this exercise is actually more complicated that it […]
Global leader in 3D Design Software, Autodesk, is offering South Africans the opportunity to attend an internationally accredited day of further education and networking on 22 October. For the second year running, the highly anticipated Autodesk University Extension (AUx) will offer design professionals in the architecture, engineering, construction, manufacturing and infrastructure industries the opportunity to […]
Durban is widely recognized as a highly successful conference city, with the ability to host large-scale gatherings, due to its wonderful year-round temperate climate and sophisticated infrastructure. The dynamics of Durban, as city and as a well-connected city-region, has created a highly specific urban context for the 25th International Union of Architects World Congress, UIA […]
The impact of colour on our lives should not be underestimated – there is no doubt that certain colours evoke specific emotions or at the very least are associated with a particular feeling, for example, red is the colour of passion and excitement, blue is calming and relaxing, yellow evokes feelings of happiness while green […]
Awards for Architecture 2013 Gauteng, Johannesburg The Gauteng Institute for Architecture (GIfA),representing the 550 key architects in Gauteng, is pleased to announce Thursday 31 October 2013, as the official date for the biennial Awards for Architecture which is set to take place at the well known Turbine Hall in Newtown’s cultural precinct. The Awards will […]
World renowned and highly anticipated trend forecaster, ColourFutures™ 2013 has recently been launched by Dulux, a brand from the world’s number one paint company, AkzoNobel. The culmination of an annual gathering by the world’s foremost creative design, architecture and fashion experts, ColourFutures™ serves to predict key trends for the coming year. These insights are then […]
Subscribe to the Leading Architecture newsletter
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- BELGOTEX FLOORS EARN COVETED GREEN TAG CERTIFICATION February 9, 2016
- TOM DIXON’S ICE KITCHEN INSTALLATION February 4, 2016
- MASSIVE IMPROVEMENTS FOR SANDTON CBD February 4, 2016
- KBAC FLOORING LAUNCHES LUXURY VINYL TILE February 4, 2016
- GREAT MINDS SET TO GATHER AT THE 10TH ANNUAL GREEN BUILDING CONFERENCE IN TSHWANE February 4, 2016
- THE PERSONAL TOUCH IN CARPET DESIGN November 16, 2015
- BLUE IS THE NEW BLACK IN PLASCON’S 2016 COLOUR PALETTE January 18, 2016
- FROM COPENHAGEN TO JOBURG, CITIES AND MAYORS ARE LEADING THE WAY ON CLIMATE ACTION January 20, 2016
- WHAT WILL THE ENGAGED WORKPLACE OF THE FUTURE LOOK LIKE? January 20, 2016
- COSMO MALL PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE SET TO BECOME A NEW JOBURG LANDMARK January 20, 2016
- Leading Architecture Magazine – SAPOA honours excellence in Architecture in South Africa | DSA Architects: […] View Article […]...
- Inhouse Brand Architects in the News - Lauren Shantall (Pty) Ltd: […] View article here […]...
- Leading Architecture and Design Magazine Features Inhouse Brand Architects: […] View article here […]...
- janice: Please can you confirm cost. For geyser timer...
- Green Building Conference in June - Alive2greenAlive2green: […] Source: Leading Architecture […]...