Plascon South Africa beat eight other nominees to be named Paint Company of the Year at the third annual DIY Trade News Industry Awards 2012 held at Moyo in Zoo Lake Johannesburg. “Being named Paint Company of the Year is confirmation of Plascon’s pre-eminent market leadership position and with its 120-year heritage, Plascon has […]
Tag Archives | Johannesburg
Decorex SA is proud to announce that for the 20th consecutive year, Plascon will once again be the headline sponsor of Decorex SA in 2013. This renewed partnership confirms the synergy between two of South Africa’s best known, trusted and well-loved décor brands. Plascon, South Africa’s leading coatings manufacturer has proudly sponsored Decorex SA for […]
After months of competition, nail-biting regional finals and intensive examination and appraisal by a panel of expert judges, South Africa’s latest group of energy efficient lighting designers were honoured with a total of R214 000 in prize money for their achievements at the awards breakfast of the 2012 Eskom Energy Efficient Lighting Design Competition held […]
Waterproofing contractor M-Proofing Roofing & Waterproofing recently used a product from Mapei, the industry leader in building and construction materials and locally represented by Mapei South Africa, to waterproof almost 180 m² of new roofing, as well as a holding tank and pool, at the Mikvah at the Great Park Synagogue in Houghton, Johannesburg. “Julian […]
One of the most spectacular road bridges ever designed and built in Africa has been lit by BEKA’s contemporary LED lighting products
The Nelmapius bridge spans over Africa’s busiest highway, the N1, which links the commercial centre, Johannesburg, with the capital of South Africa, Pretoria. It features striking architectural concepts: The railing of the bridge is realised with segments, which are arranged in appealing patterns, supported by masts, which are positioned in different angles. The concept […]
Home Comfort was the clear choice when alternative energy needed to be supplied to the newly refurbished buildings of The Serene Satyagraha House in Orchards in Johannesburg. The newly refurbished museum and guesthouse was the home of Mohandas Gandhi from 1908 to 1909. Home Comfort is a wholly owned and operated South African company […]
Five South African décor and design businesses have created a one-stop shop solution for decorators at the newly established Number 3 Kramer Road in the heart of Kramerville, Johannesburg. The building houses top décor and home furnishing merchants such as Lula Fabrics, The Mill contract fabric suppliers, Sasi Wallpaper, Rebtex carpeting and Heavenly […]
The Cement & Concrete Institute’s 2012 International Masterclass lectures for architects will be held in Cape Town on September 17 and 18. C&CI architect, Daniel van der Merwe, says the Masterclass – the fourth to be presented by the Institute – forms part of an ongoing C&CI initiative in continued architectural education in South […]
15 August 2012 saw the official opening of the Afrika Tikkun Uthando Centre in Braamfontein, Johannesburg, in a heritage building which has been given a new lease on life. Afrika Tikkun, a humanitarian non-governmental organisation which focuses on providing education, health and social services to children, the youth and their families through a number […]
Construction of the Hurlingham Retail Development, consisting of a 5600m2 Pick ‘n Pay Supermarket and approximately 750 m2 of line shops, included the challenge of containing the stormwater in two earth dams on the property. Property Development company Abland was responsible for heading up this development at the intersection of William Nicol and Republic Road […]
In This Issue
- Hyundai Offices by HLA Architects
- Hansgrohe offices and showrooms by Paragon Architects
- Bakery for the Emtongeni Community Centre by Architecture for a Change
- Sony and Jacaranda FM offices by Empowered Spaces Architects
- Nico van der Meulen Architects
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow @LeadingArch on Twitter
- Passive fire protection for airstreamers June 9, 2011
- Floris Marais July 15, 2010
- Balwin Properties now in the Western Cape August 28, 2012
- Getting the mix right November 15, 2010
- Award winning Australian architect to talk sustainability in JHB, DBN and CT January 19, 2011
- TAL develops new mosaic adhesive for 300 on Kent February 28, 2014
- WDC Design Gala to announce Impact prize winner and officially launch local design awards and SABS Design and Innovation Entrepreneurship Centre February 28, 2014
- Carbon Tax Developments from Budget Speech February 28, 2014
- TARRYN MICHAEL’S YOUTH CULTURE THESIS TO REPRESENT THE UNIVERSITY OF THE WITWATERSRAND AT THE COROBRIK ARCHITECTURAL STUDENT OF THE YEAR NATIONAL AWARD February 26, 2014
- Corobrik Helps Pave the Way for Tertiary Education in Kimberley February 26, 2014
- Caesarstone Announces Winner of Caesarstone Stu...: […] The prestigious Caesarstone Student Desi...
- Trend Talk #1: Future Forward - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: […] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/dec...
- Renovation of Provincial Government Headquarters: […] Source: All images and information sour...
- Trend Talk #2 - The Present Sense - Plascon TrendsPlascon Trends: [...] http://www.leadingarchitecture.co.za/decor-t...
- Leading Architecture profiles Musa Xinwa | EXAR Development & Construction | South Africa: [...] Leading Architecture profiled Exar Managing ...