The first edition of the International Sourcing Fair (ISF) – reaching African markets in home, hospitality, office and retail – will take place at the Ticketpro Dome in Johannesburg, South Africa, from 13 to 15 September 2017. This landmark three-day event is set to transform the face of buying across Africa, as the continent’s increasingly sophisticated consumer culture continues to accelerate unprecedented economic growth.
Exclusively a trade platform, ISF will provide a forum where international suppliers can make direct connections with potential retailers, buyers and procurement teams from South Africa and other selected African countries.
Developed and managed by Thebe Reed Exhibitions, ISF is part of a high-profile décor and design event portfolio that also features prestigious shows such as Decorex SA and 100% Design South Africa.
According to Carol Weaving, Managing Director of Thebe Reed Exhibitions: “Thebe Reed is focusing on expanding and developing trade shows in Africa, so launching ISF to add to the strength of the existing décor and design portfolio made absolute sense.”
As the only event of its type catering for Southern Africa and Africa, ISF will provide an exclusive forum for sourcing and buying retail and commercial products aimed at the home, office, gift and hospitality markets. Those attending the show will include retail and hospitality buyers as well as importers, decorators, interior designers and online retailers, among others.
ISF will include the following product categories:
- Art and framing, mirrors
- Bathroom products, accessories
- DIY, building, hardware
- Craft and ceramics
- Giftware, stationery and wrapping
- Home appliances and gadgets
- Home decoration and accessories
- Kitchenware and tableware
- Office and desktop
- Outdoor and garden
Right time, right continent
“We are launching ISF at a point when rapid development, strong growth and increasingly powerful technology are opening up prolific business opportunities throughout Africa,” explains Cairey Baxter-Bruce, Head of Business Development for the portfolio. “Bringing buyers and suppliers together in the spirit of collaboration will help both groups to unlock maximum value from the continent’s renaissance.”
The statistics testify to the strength of this rationale. Currently, there are an estimated 50 million middle-class households across the continent and a growing number of global players are taking active steps to capitalise on Africa’s growing spending power and emerging consumer culture. In South Africa, for example, 30 new shopping centres are set to open their doors by the end of 2016, while 25 retail developments are underway in Nigeria. Not only are Africa’s retail and consumer goods sectors booming, but the world’s premier hotel and restaurant brands have also identified the continent as a hotbed of opportunity.
Serious players, global reach
In response to these macro-economic drivers, ISF is expected to attract exhibitors from a number of countries globally including Turkey, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Brazil, India, China, Malaysia, Indonesia, Korea and Taiwan. They will be joined by a small group of local exhibitors in the specially curated South African pavilion.
Added value, measurable benefits
Thanks to Thebe Reed Exhibitions’ proven expertise, those attending ISF will benefit from:
- An array of retail and commercial products for the home, office, gift and hospitality sectors sourced from international suppliers
- A visitor focus on selected African countries with developing retail and hospitality sectors
- A customised business match-making programme to facilitate trade
- Exclusive exhibitor packages including accommodation, travel and business networking opportunities
- An exclusive local and African hosted buyer programme including VIP access, accommodation, travel and business networking opportunities
- Marketing and promotion to an existing database of over 30 000 buyers
- A marketing spend of over R2million and existing relationships with key industry partners and media