Phoenix Fenestration & Glass manufactures high-performing transparent materials that are used extensively in military, security, mining, commercial and residential sectors. The field of glass technology is constantly and rapidly evolving, making it one of the most sophisticated building materials and keeping it at the forefront of providing enhanced safety, security, energy efficiency, sound reduction, insulation and aesthetic solutions. Phoenix Fenestration & Glass interacts with engineers and professional teams at the conception stage of projects and are renowned for their ability to provide our clients with tangible results.
One of Phoenix Fenestration & Glass’s areas of specialisation is the manufacturing of ballistic and anti-intrusion products, which are frequently specified to bolster the security of homes and townhouse complexes with guardhouses, and are capable of resisting armed attacks and hijackings.
Phoenix BulletBlok’s line of bullet-resistant glass has been designed and engineered using the latest technology, drawing on experience gleaned from many years in the industry. This range makes use of all-glass assemblies, which are heavier and thicker than more technically advanced composite bullet-resistant glass, but offer cost-saving benefits. This range uses the same bonding process as composite bullet-resistant glass, but without the use of the sophisticated interlayers to provide superior protection.
ADVANTAGES OF ALL GLASS BRG VS COMPOSITE BRG
- Least expensive type of bullet-resistant glass
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Durable and scratch resistant
- 99% UV resistant
- Fewer size restrictions.
DISADVANTAGES OF ALL GLASS BRG VS COMPOSITE BRG
- Because it is glass, the shards tend to sheer PVB, which can ultimately compromise the integrity of the product and does not provide adequate protection against a dedicated attack
- Weight and thickness may require special structural considerations and/or restrictions.
- Armoured vehicles (Military/Cash in Transit)
- High crime areas
- Guardhouses and panic rooms.