Master Builders Association North membership is growing steadily as more and more companies realise the important benefits available to members operating in an increasingly complex industry, says Zukiswa Mvoko, newly appointed Business Development Manager of Master Builders Association North.
The Association recently held a special welcoming function at its head office in Midrand for new members that include KBR Experts Plumbing Contractors, M.G.P., Ohlhorst Africa LBS, RLF 7 Plumbers, Simok Building Construction, Solar Heat Exchangers, Talisman Hire, TSK Construction, and Ubuhlebethu Business Enterprises.
Mvoko says Master Builder membership offers a wide range of important services to members, some of whom are not in a position to afford the high cost of engaging experts for advice on contractual, legal, labour, health and safety, training and other similar issues. “Member contractors can draw on a vast pool of industry expertise and network opportunities with fellow members of the association.”
In addition, MBA membership offers support services and benefits that include the following:
Health and Safety:
- Support on Construction Health and Safety (CHS) matters and distribution of relevant CHS information;
- Courtesy visits;
- Entrance into the association’s annual regional MBA Safety Competition; and
- Support services such as site audits, risk assessments, and incident investigations at discounted rates to members.
Education and Training:
- Support on Education and Training, as well as on the Work Skills Plan and ATR process, WSP and ATR documentation, at discounted rates to members;
- Facilitation of industry training courses;
- Skills development facilitation and auditing at discounted rates to members; and
- Access to the MBA North’s annual Small Builders Development Course.
Contractual and Legal:
- Assistance on legal, contractual and Human Resources issues; alternative dispute resolution mechanisms; industry-related contracts; and mediation and arbitration.
Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE):
- Support on B-BBEE matters, such as the new Codes of Practice;
- B-BBEE consultation at discounted rates to members; and
- Assistance with B-BBEE certification also at discounted rates.
“In addition, MBA North members have access to industry-related committees and forums on various issues as well as access to CETA, CIDB and NHBRC on industry matters. Members also are represented on a national level through MBA North’s membership of Master Builders South Africa, and can purchase industry-related contracts and other essential documentation from MBA North.
“Finally, members are listed on the MBA website and in the annual members’ directory and can participate in a host of important networking events such as our annual dinner, MBSA congress, and other meet-and-greet opportunities. The MBA North slogan ‘Is your Builder, a Master Builder?’ is aimed at promoting the benefits of using the services of a qualified, competent member company to provide appropriate, quality and cost-effective building solutions to meet the client’s requirements and expectations. Our Code of Ethics ensures that this standard is maintained so the public has learnt to trust – and select – MBA members when selecting a contractor in the building field,” Mvoko added.
For more information on joining MBA North, contact Zukisa Mvoko on tel 011 805 6611 or email email@example.com or visit the website www.mbanorth.co.za.