In August 2017, MONN launched a new range of rugs. The new rug collection comprises four beautiful bespoke designs that were conceptualised and created by MONN’s design team. The new rugs are a first for MONN and a welcome addition to the existing MONN stable of premium quality crafted carpets.
MONN creates superlatively woven Axminster carpets that feature in casinos, hotels and private residences around the world, including:
- Sun City
- GrandWest Casino
in South Africa. MONN also produces a range of luxury Wilton carpets, as well as an innovative range of commercial carpet tiles. Each carpet is made with only the finest, premium raw materials, which are brought to life by leading-edge technology, skilled craftsmanship and creativity.
MONN’s considerable expertise was brought to bear on the production of the new rugs, which boast intricate detailing and vibrant patterns that show MONN’s bespoke weaving capabilities to maximum effect. The four news designs are as follows:
- Mateo- A formal medallion design with a modern twist, set on a dark background with soft grey gradients and subtle copper toned borders.
- Imfi- A rug in the subtle blue-greys and earth tones of African seeds called Imfibinga or river beads, trimmed with rhythmic edges.
- Carina- A graphic, sharply delineated argyle and star design inspired by the night sky, contrasted with hand-drawn whimsical borders.
- Verona- A dynamic rug with a complementing zigzag pattern echoing cobbled streets, finished with delicate acanthus leaf borders.
The new rugs will complement an existing wall-to-wall MONN carpet and are also suitable as stand-alone feature items in a room. The variety of designs on offer can migrate from bedroom, to living room, to office to corporate reception area. The rugs are available in 8 Row specifications and have a pile height of 8mm.
But the collection is just a starting point: MONN offers a custom service that allows the client freedom to have any design expertly translated into a plush rug. All designs are then woven to ensure maximum durability. This is because “quality is non-negotiable for MONN,” says Pieter Nouwens, owner of MONN. The company ensures “integrity at every step of the carpet-making process by investing in good raw materials, world-class equipment that keeps pace with the latest technology and expert craftspeople”. MONN’s carpets and rugs are made from the highest quality materials which safeguard superior colour and stain resistance.
To ensure that MONN products retain their original quality appearance for longer, the company has introduced a MONN Carpet Cleaning Kit, featuring specialised products that are imported from the UK. These kits are WoolSafe certified and come fully equipped with a:
- Carpet wipes
- General solution
- Stain solution
- Comprehensive instruction guide.